• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on Stalingrad
02-10-2022, 03:59 AM,
Question on Stalingrad
Playin the Don River Bend scenario....goood stuff!!! But I noticed two Tank XXX have the same leader....Col Tanaschishin. The 13th and 22nd Tnk XXX. The guy must be BUSY!!! 

......just sayin
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2022, 05:11 AM,
RE: Question on Stalingrad
He was very busy, but not that busy. The designers have used slightly different naming as one is "Tanaschishin" and the other "Tanaschishin_". So it appears to be deliberate, but I believe it is incorrect. Tanaschishin was the 13TC commander during this period. The 22TC was not even part of the same army and there was no connection to Tanaschishin.

The 22TC commander at this time was Shamshin. Glantz consistently refers to Shamshin being in charge. Perhaps someone else with the same name took temporary command but that is highly improbable.

Unless someone can shed more light on this I will just change the 22TC to Shamshin.

John
02-10-2022, 05:32 AM,
RE: Question on Stalingrad
(02-10-2022, 05:11 AM)Green Wrote: He was very busy, but not that busy. The designers have used slightly different naming as one is "Tanaschishin" and the other "Tanaschishin_". So it appears to be deliberate, but I believe it is incorrect. Tanaschishin was the 13TC commander during this period. The 22TC was not even part of the same army and there was no connection to Tanaschishin.

The 22TC commander at this time was Shamshin. Glantz consistently refers to Shamshin being in charge. Perhaps someone else with the same name took temporary command but that is highly improbable.

Unless someone can shed more light on this I will just change the 22TC to Shamshin.

John

Awesome....Thanks John.