• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Air Recon question
02-09-2022, 12:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2022, 12:26 AM by jonnymacbrown.)
Air Recon question
Does the type and number of reconnaissance aircraft make any difference? Probably not but I'm just wondering. Thanks, jonny Helmet Wink
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2022, 02:17 AM,
RE: Air Recon question
The type only matters when it comes to the Defense value when being shot at by heavy AA units or decreasing interception chance in case of jet units (in PzC, I'm not sure if there are specific modifiers in Modern Campaigns).

Size influences the chance to spot something, but due to both interception chance and air availability percentages, smaller units offer a long term advantage compared to fewer, bigger air recon units as more air recon units are likely to be available each turn.

Quality also impacts the chance air recon units spot something.

Like Dust spotting, and unlike counterbattery spotting, size of enemy units doesn't influence the chance they're (partially/fully) identified.
02-09-2022, 03:07 AM,
RE: Air Recon question
(02-09-2022, 02:17 AM)ComradeP Wrote: The type only matters when it comes to the Defense value when being shot at by heavy AA units or decreasing interception chance in case of jet units (in PzC, I'm not sure if there are specific modifiers in Modern Campaigns).

Size influences the chance to spot something, but due to both interception chance and air availability percentages, smaller units offer a long term advantage compared to fewer, bigger air recon units as more air recon units are likely to be available each turn.

Quality also impacts the chance air recon units spot something.

Like Dust spotting, and unlike counterbattery spotting, size of enemy units doesn't influence the chance they're (partially/fully) identified.
Thank you ComradeP! jonny Big Grin2