• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

problem with Lowlanders units - graphics query
02-06-2022, 03:11 AM,
RE: problem with Lowlanders units - graphics query
(02-05-2022, 08:58 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(02-05-2022, 08:05 PM)phoenix Wrote: I love the Lowlander Unit counters for Vietnam (and other titles), but the company markings don't show on them in game. I'm wondering if there's some way I can fix this, and if anybody would be able to explain to me how the company markings work so that I can figure out what I need to change? Do the company colourings come from a file other than the Units files in the Maps folder? Thanks.

Are those the ASL-inspired counters? If so, the likely reason you're not getting the company markings is that the units have a colored background. This prevents the company markings from coming through. Organizational colors are hardcoded and can't be modded, I'm afraid.

However I think there's a relatively simple solution. Assuming ASL uses a different background color for each nation, you'd have to remove the colored backgrounds in the 2dUnitxx.bmp files, preserving the units' silhouettes, and instead paint the unit bases for each nation with the desired color - these are the 2dSymbolsxx.bmp files inside each nation folder.

Thanks Xerxes. They look like this: 

[Image: 1.gif]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: problem with Lowlanders units - graphics query - by phoenix - 02-06-2022, 03:11 AM