• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ToD vehicle graphics
02-03-2022, 04:56 AM,
ToD vehicle graphics
Just bought both ToD and Vietnam. I'm noticing some vehicle graphics oddities. Is this the place to mention them? 

For example: Is this a picture of an M113 APC? 

[Image: 1.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2022, 05:18 AM,
RE: ToD vehicle graphics
(02-03-2022, 04:56 AM)phoenix Wrote: Just bought both ToD and Vietnam. I'm noticing some vehicle graphics oddities. Is this the place to mention them? 

For example: Is this a picture of an M113 APC?

*googles vehicle for picture*

[Image: M-113.jpg]

Mmmh doesn't look like it... Big Grin 
It probably has the wrong picture index assigned in Vehicles.dat. An easy fix in that case!
02-03-2022, 05:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 05:56 AM by phoenix.)
Fix for me to do, or for someone with 'responsibility' for the game at WDS, did you mean? Because fixing a wrong picture index assignment in the Vehicles dat is at present a bit beyond me, I fear.
02-03-2022, 06:04 AM,
Have you ever used sqdata.exe? Changing the pic is really very simple. I can walk you through it if you want.
02-03-2022, 06:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 06:18 AM by phoenix.)
Never used it, no. Don't even know what it is. But that would be great, if you could walk me through it. Thanks. Very kind.
02-03-2022, 07:39 AM,
(02-03-2022, 06:18 AM)phoenix Wrote: Never used it, no. Don't even know what it is. But that would be great, if you could walk me through it. Thanks. Very kind.

Sure, no problem. Basically, sqdata.exe is a program that allows you to modify all the data related to loads, weapons and vehicles. This includes their pictures (except for loads).

First, you have to run sqdata.exe. It should be in the same folder as the main game executable. Once the program opens you will see a big list showing all the Loads used by the game.

At the top of this list you'll find tabs for Weapons and Vehicles. Click on the Vehicle tab to see the vehicles. (Note that I don't have the Vietnam titles so I'm using Grenada for the screenshots).

[Image: sqdata_01.png]

Once you see the list of vehicles, look for the M-113 APC (the name should be exactly as it appears in-game) and right click on it with the mouse. A contextual menu with several options will appear. Select the EDIT option here:

[Image: sqdata_02.png]

This will open another window with a lot of editable fields and boxes containing stats for the selected vehicle (in my case, the AC-130). For now we're only interested in the "Picture" field. As you can see, the AC-130 in Grenada is assigned Picture #26 (as an aside, this vehicle seems to be flagged as a "Helicopter" (?), which I find puzzling, but if that was a mistake too and we wanted to fix it, we could change that here).

[Image: sqdata_03.png]

As you change the value of the Picture field, the image of the vehicle changes automatically and accordingly. If you don't know the correct Picture number to use for the M-113 APC*, you can simply start trying different numbers beginning with 0 and up until you find a suitable image, after which you should click the OK button.

You'll be thrown back to the main window, where you need to click the SAVE icon at the top to keep your changes.

And that's all there is to it! Let me know if I was unclear about anything. Wink

* All the vehicle images are contained in the file Info\Vehicles.bmp. The individual images are numbered left to right, top to bottom, beginning with index 0. If you open that file, you can easily identify the right image and then count down from the top to get the correct picture number.
02-03-2022, 08:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2022, 08:28 AM by phoenix.)
[Image: 1.gif]
(02-03-2022, 07:39 AM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 06:18 AM)phoenix Wrote: Never used it, no. Don't even know what it is. But that would be great, if you could walk me through it. Thanks. Very kind.

Sure, no problem. Basically, sqdata.exe is a program that allows you to modify all the data related to loads, weapons and vehicles. This includes their pictures (except for loads).

First, you have to run sqdata.exe. It should be in the same folder as the main game executable. Once the program opens you will see a big list showing all the Loads used by the game.

At the top of this list you'll find tabs for Weapons and Vehicles. Click on the Vehicle tab to see the vehicles. (Note that I don't have the Vietnam titles so I'm using Grenada for the screenshots).

[Image: sqdata_01.png]

Once you see the list of vehicles, look for the M-113 APC (the name should be exactly as it appears in-game) and right click on it with the mouse. A contextual menu with several options will appear. Select the EDIT option here:

[Image: sqdata_02.png]

This will open another window with a lot of editable fields and boxes containing stats for the selected vehicle (in my case, the AC-130). For now we're only interested in the "Picture" field. As you can see, the AC-130 in Grenada is assigned Picture #26 (as an aside, this vehicle seems to be flagged as a "Helicopter" (?), which I find puzzling, but if that was a mistake too and we wanted to fix it, we could change that here).

You're a star, Xerxes! Many thanks! As it says in the pic - FIXED! I trust I got the right image...
[Image: sqdata_03.png]

As you change the value of the Picture field, the image of the vehicle changes automatically and accordingly. If you don't know the correct Picture number to use for the M-113 APC*, you can simply start trying different numbers beginning with 0 and up until you find a suitable image, after which you should click the OK button.

You'll be thrown back to the main window, where you need to click the SAVE icon at the top to keep your changes.

And that's all there is to it! Let me know if I was unclear about anything. Wink

* All the vehicle images are contained in the file Info\Vehicles.bmp. The individual images are numbered left to right, top to bottom, beginning with index 0. If you open that file, you can easily identify the right image and then count down from the top to get the correct picture number.
02-03-2022, 08:31 AM,
Garbled post. Don't know how that happened, and don't seem to be permitted to delete it and start again.

But thanks, Xerxes - as I said somewhere in the above post, you're a star. Issue FIXED. Many thanks!
02-03-2022, 08:58 AM,
Awesome, glad to help! :-)