• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Latest Updates and Game Play
01-31-2022, 01:07 PM,
Latest Updates and Game Play
Guys,

I'm considering re-downloading my Squad Battles games now that the Wargames Design Studio has released the latest 4.00 update.

However, I was wondering whether or not this has dealt with the problem of certain units/weapons/vehicles not appearing in the unit picture file, or simply not working -- as I remember was the case when the top down view was added to the game and I tried to revert to the original artwork.

I believe that was due to the DAT files (or some other piece of the game's make-up) being messed with.

Thanks.

Spud.
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2022, 05:15 PM,
RE: Latest Updates and Game Play
There are still a few missing images but my impression is that the vast majority have been fixed. The top down mod is now an alternative option with the default being the portrait graphics. Many of the worse portrait graphics have been improved with whole new portrait graphics for ToD and Vietnam.

The WDS end of year update announced that there were plans for further updates to the SB series...so watch this space.

Many of the still missing graphics are an easy fix, so post here if you have specific difficulties and we will help if we can.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply