• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
09-27-2022, 06:21 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
The eleventh session of A Week in Binh Long. Caveat - I recorded this while on the road with not the best internet and is using the twitch recording, so, it might not be the same standards as usual. Positive vibes though! The three battalions are making great progress and we have been dealing with the Viet Cong incursion around the Firebase at LZ GEORGIA, showing the power of assaulting and how to use the helicopters effectively.

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2022, 11:51 PM,
The twelfth session of A Week in Binh Long. Caveat - I recorded this while on the road, the recording should be better than the last as am using the proper software. 2d/28th has cleared Area GEORGIA and repulsed the attack near the Firebase. 1st/16th has been slacking on their duties and 2d/2d Infantry has finally fully arrived at Chon Thanh. An Engineer task force was sent north to clear QL13 from Chon Thanh to An Loc before night fall. The calm before the storm.

Send this user an email
10-03-2022, 02:03 PM,
The thirteenth session of A Week in Binh Long. Caveat - I recorded this while on the road, the recording should be better than the last as am using the proper software. We have managed to proceed through all the Day 2 night turns and made it to Day 3 and figured out what the missions will be. The Viet Cong were more active this night, they would appear and disappear. It was a cat and mouse session indeed!

Send this user an email
10-06-2022, 05:10 PM,
The fourteenth session of A Week in Binh Long. I'm back at home with the recording and we have finally made it to Day 3. 2d/28th Infantry has combat assaulted into its Firebase area, securing it and getting it ready for the Construction Engineers to fly in. 1st/16th Infantry is stuck in a plantation, moving by road as they have no helicopters. One company from that battalion hunted down some Viet Cong though! They are in the middle of a firefight. 2d/2d Infantry is maneuvering northwest of Chon Thanh to secure their area and have combat assaulted into their Firebase area with a single company and 1st/2d Infantry from 1st Brigade is slowly arriving on scene. They have a two Areas to secure on Day 3.

Send this user an email
10-10-2022, 08:51 AM,
The fifteenth session of A Week in Binh Long. Day 3 continues. We performed a text book combat assault into Area FLORIDA with 2d/28th, even though we seemed to have run into a hornets nest in the jungle nearby. To go hunt it down, or not. That is the question. 1st/16th is making slow progress as it convoys through a terrible jungle road, fortunately without having run into an ambush. 2d/2d Infantry has made a successful combat assault into Minh Thanh as is clearing the plantation. 1st/2nd Infantry has arrived by plane at Lai Khe and is about to start its tasks of clearing Area VIRGINIA and PENNSYLVANIA. Fortunately we have another cavalry troop from 1st/4th Cavalry that will help with that task as those areas are huge!

Send this user an email
10-14-2022, 12:30 AM,
The sixteenth session of A Week in Binh Long. Day 3 continues. A brand new unit makes its appearance in the game, it will be included with the 1.23 UPDATE to be released around October 20th, 2022. We have had the good fortunate having some more slicks arrive today, although these will be the last helicopters I receive for the rest of the week. You know what that means! My battalions in the field are running into a variety of ambushes and hidden Viet Cong, leading to losses and tactical decisions. Another day, another cluster firetruck.

Send this user an email
10-17-2022, 12:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2022, 12:15 AM by Jason Petho.)
The seventeenth session of A Week in Binh Long. Day 3 continues. We start off with a detail overview of the 1.23 UPDATE, coming available later this week. We also test the new Special Forces Supply unit to see if it will land in Cambodia or not. The battalions in the field and at it. Some Viet Cong have been spotted and in some cases have attacked some of my units. I'm organizing task forces to deal with them. The area around Minh Thanh has a group of snipers and RPG teams that I'm sending an infantry company in to dislodge. The week is definitely heating up!

Send this user an email
10-21-2022, 12:14 AM,
The eighteenth session of A Week in Binh Long. Day 3 continues. I did something a little different today and showed off the various MODS that are available. Playing a turn with each of them, so you can see how they look. Otherwise, it was an IED casualty day and I lost another LRRP team - to a minefield of all things! Otherwise the battalions are making excellent progress in the field and the additional helicopters are making life easier. Oh, my MIKE force seems to be built of paper tigers.

Send this user an email
10-24-2022, 09:10 AM,
The nineteenth session of A Week in Binh Long. Day 3 continues, we're a little over half way through the day. Seems the Viet Cong are getting braver and have started to come out to play. Area FLORIDA is mostly secured, 2d/28th has done an excellent job. I'm getting used to my helicopter management (although I had forgotten a bunch down in the south nearly the entire session today... d'oh!). 1st/16th has secured Area IDAHO and 2d/2d Infantry is fortifying Minh Thanh. I ran into some Viet Cong, but all seems to get going well on that front as I can captured or destroyed most of what I found. The new battalion on the block, 1st/2d Infantry, is going to be clearing some Viet Cong that is taking back some points along the western edge of the operating areas and along QL13 our MIKE force has some mortars to plop some smoke. We're ready for an assault.

Send this user an email
10-28-2022, 01:28 AM,
The twentieth session of A Week in Binh Long. Day 3 continues, although the end of the day is getting close. There's still a bit to do, but I've been making some good progress in some areas, not so good in other areas. Most the areas are now secured and I have been hunting down some Viet Cong with an armoured cavalry task force, but the Viet Cong completely disappeared. The MIKE force had a successful assault and cleared the Viet Cong Engineer that cut our important QL13 Main Supply Route. Otherwise, the battalions are converging towards their firebases for the night. Will I make it? Ugh... not everywhere!

Send this user an email