• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
06-19-2023, 10:41 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
My internet crashed during the live stream, but I kept recording and played through these two scenarios. I played the two primary Ia Drang scenarios. Let me know what you think about the first one and if I should remove the extra helicopter platoon. The second one, Broken Arrow, I knew I added some options for the attacks, but the attacks in this case were pretty tame. I might see about revising the script for a future update or try it offline another go and see if it is just a fluke. What do you think?

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2023, 04:00 PM,
Since the CS Middle East 2.30 UPDATE still hasn't been released, although should be released tomorrow, I started up another Vietnam scenario. This has me operating a couple Marine Battalions into the DMZ and trying to hunt down some PAVN regulars. Well holy crap! What a mess so far. I'm just getting started and it is already nerve wracking. But it's fun, a lot of fun. I lost some precious helicopters though, which will make my attack in the north quite difficult. Give it a watch, tell me what you think!

Send this user an email
06-26-2023, 08:28 AM,
Continuing on with Operation Hickory, we are stumbling forward into well position NVA defences. Both the American Marines and the ARVN Parachutists are having a hell of a time making progress. The ARVN are taking brutal losses in the forests just south of the DMZ, while the Marines are holding their own... so far. My helicopter situations went from bad to terrible. This is a good scenario to learn how to attack... or die.

Send this user an email
06-30-2023, 03:45 AM,
It finally released! YAY! The 2.30 UPDATE is available for Middle East. I go through how to install it and give some hints and tips about what has changed throughout the session as I play Humbling of the Tank. I ended up playing as the Israeli's although I meant to play as the Egyptians, but it was still an interesting experience. Keep in mind, that scenario is designed for Head to Head play. It is interesting to see how the Legacy AI plays, or doesn't. Intriguing experience for me as I prepare to script these scenarios.

Send this user an email
07-03-2023, 08:58 AM,
Another session with Middle East. This time I ended up playing a couple scenarios. I played both sides of The Last Stand about an Israeli kibbutz defending against an Egyptian assault in 1948. And then played the classic "Long Walk Home" scenario where a French company sized unit is trying to head back "home" in the Algerian countryside. While enjoyable, I do miss the scripting, it makes the game far more enriching. I look forward to creating the scripts when I have time. OH! I also made mention of a BETA 2.31 PATCH that is available on the Matrix Games forum that corrects the Org Editor.

Send this user an email
07-07-2023, 12:15 AM,
Another session with Middle East. There was some difficulties getting Twitch loaded, so be patient with that. It doesn't impact the YouTube session apart from my babbles. I restarted the machine and all was fine afterwards. Regardless, I played the Teaching Set scenarios, Hot Seat! With a couple hours, I was able to get through them all pretty quickly as they are only 6 turns each. They are great for learning how the system works and how the weapons become more deadly as the decades pass. They are best against a human opponent, PBEM, Hot Seat or LAN.

Send this user an email
07-10-2023, 09:58 AM,
Back to Vietnam for today's session! We are continuing on with Into the DMZ and the brutal fighting that is happening in this sector. This session provides a lot of good examples of how to use the Free World firepower to reduce well defended bunkers and trenches, especially when operating in close quarters with the enemy. Jungle bunker busting at its finest. Alas, the ARVN Parachutists, on the other hand, are having a hell of a go. It's a rough fight, very indeed.

Send this user an email
07-13-2023, 03:53 PM,
Back to the Sinai with lots and lots and lots of tanks. I started playing Advantage Jiradi, which is an Israeli armoured brigade advancing along a single road into numerous defensive lines set by the Egyptians. A challenge? Oh yes, yes indeed. Some valuable lessons with thanks and infantry in half-tracks were explained, especially how to use them in assaults.

Send this user an email
07-17-2023, 10:21 AM,
We finished off Into the DMZ - Operation Hickory. While I would like to say it went swimmingly well, it generally didn't. There were a lot of valuable lessons learned in this session. This session is a bit longer than usual as I played through until the end so we can start up something new next time. This was a challenging scenario and I know what I would do next time I played. There are a lot of small challenges in the scenario, which makes it most fascinating to play.

Send this user an email
07-24-2023, 08:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2023, 09:03 AM by Jason Petho.)
Back to Vietnam and we started a new scenario today. Hunting in Ho Bo Woods, Operation Crimp. This takes place in III Corps area northwest of Saigon near the Iron Triangle. The star of this episode is the 1st Australians and we land into LZ March and attempt to clear the plantation. Of course, I have suffered casualties and it took quite a bit to get my troops organized into a coherent attack, but we're on the way! The US Airborne is nearly on scene in their slicks getting ready to land at LZ April! Exciting times to be had.

Send this user an email