• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
01-02-2023, 09:52 AM,
RE: Campaign Series Vietnam - YouTube
The thirty-ninth session of A Week in Binh Long. Happy New Year! Here's to a fantastic coming year! Thank you so much for watching and your support, it is truly appreciated. Exciting times for the future of the Campaign Series. Stay tuned! Day 5 continues to be a mess. Some nice revelations though as I found some ARVN Construction Platoons that can be given to the ARVN battalions in the field, leaving the American firebase building units to their own battalions. The ARVN Cavalry Troop finally has secured Ben Cat with the help of a lot of Snakes, although the Cavalry Troop suffered some brutal losses. It seems the Viet Cong force northwest of An Loc is actually a battalion sized force, and I have nothing to be able to deal with it except for artillery strikes. Minh Thanh plantation is cleared after a couple of jump scares - literally!

Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2023, 01:58 AM,
The fortieth session of A Week in Binh Long. Spent the first little bit going over some of the new features of the 1.30 UPDATE that will be available in February(ish), also the features that will be included in the Middle East 2.30 UPDATE. Exciting times for this year, that's for sure! Otherwise, senseless violence in some key areas on the map. I ran into some additional Viet Cong hiding in the jungle. My helicopter operations are running fairly smoothly and I came to realize that I won't be getting more additional units for the rest of the scenario. That will make things significantly more challenging as the last few days proceed.

Send this user an email
01-09-2023, 10:58 AM,
The forty-first session of A Week in Binh Long. A significant update is done to the Unit List! Check it out! It will be available in the 1.30 UPDATE. We are slowly securing the areas of today's missions. There is more Viet Cong activity in some areas, in some cases fairly large forces. I am utilizing an ARVN Cavalry troop and Snakes to deal with a small Viet Cong force in the south. It should be an interesting scrap as they are dug into the jungle southwest of Chon Thanh. To the northwest of An Loc is a battalion sized Viet Cong force that I am plastering with artillery, but I don't know to what effect. I shall find out as soon as I can spare some troops in that sector.

Send this user an email
01-13-2023, 01:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2023, 02:40 AM by Jason Petho.)
The forty-second session of A Week in Binh Long. The second half of the day of Day 5. Alas, I lost two gunships this session. One in combat and another by a chance shot. On the bright side, if there is one, they were Snakes, my precious Hogs are still safe. The combat southwest of Chon Thanh was quite flawless, that attack was fantastic and a good example of how firepower saves the day and can eradicate with extreme prejudice against the Viet Cong! To the northwest of An Loc, on the other hand, I keep accidently running into larger and larger Viet Cong forces - without the troops to deal with them!

Send this user an email
01-16-2023, 08:54 AM,
The forty-third session of A Week in Binh Long. We are creeping closer to the end of Day 5. I have realized that I am going to run out of time for some of the units making it to where they need to be for their night laagering. Of course, that means I will lose points for that, but, I'm well into a Minor Victory at the moment. The Viet Cong should be more active tonight, so I am taking the time to go around and ensure all of the firebases have extra defences, expanding out and establishing listening posts to see if I'm going to be attacked. Safety first!

Send this user an email
01-19-2023, 05:45 PM,
The forty-fourth session of A Week in Binh Long. Well, we almost burned through all the day turns of Day 5. Generally, things are pretty clean, but I can see a few units will likely make it in time for their nightly bivouac. I realized that even one of my battalion HQ's were in the wrong place. The ARVN 4th/9th has started the evening hours under RPG attack, I will have to send a patrol out to deal with that. I brought an abundance of Hog's and Snake's to remedy that situation. Slight overkill, but that's OK!

Send this user an email
01-23-2023, 10:34 AM,
The forty-fifth session of A Week in Binh Long. Well, night has fallen. We managed to get about halfway through the Day 5 night. What does that mean? Well, it was a race to get my units to their laager positions for the night. In most cases, I was successful. Alas, in some cases, I missed the cut off by and will be penalized accordingly. Additionally, the Viet Cong are very active and are coming out of the woodwork. I have spotted a good dozen areas where the Viet Cong have captured Victory Locations that will need to be recaptured on Day 6, on top of all the other missions that will be coming in the morning. I've been doing what I can with gunships, although I did lose a couple of Loaches tonight. That doesn't bode well. Lastly, the Area WASHINGTON firebase is under attack by a Viet Cong company supported by heavy weapons. The ARVN there are unlikely to survive.

Send this user an email
01-26-2023, 04:40 PM,
The forty-sixth session of A Week in Binh Long. We finally made it through the night of Day 5 and started Day 6. The night was troubling, but I saved the Regional Force units that were at the Area WASHINGTON Firebase. I introduced the Viet Cong force operating in the area to my Snakes and caused some fairly decent casualties. They melt like butter when in the open, yay for that! Otherwise, there is a lot more Viet Cong activity throughout the northern and central sectors, leaving a lot that I will need to recapture on Day 6. We went over the missions for the new day, there are a lot of them and assets are few. The story of my life.

Send this user an email
01-30-2023, 09:06 AM,
The forty-sixth session of A Week in Binh Long. The new day has started, Day 6. There is a lot going on here in this session, with lots of planning and organizing our transportation to our new firebase locations throughout the Area of Operations. Area WASHINGTON firebase is still under attack, but with our gunships present, we're causing mass casualties against the Viet Cong that have decided to stick around. The Regional Force company that is defending it is taking some casualties though, unfortunately. Elsewhere I lost a Patton in an assault against a Viet Cong recon platoon. Ugh. The air is buzzing with every helicopter in the sky this morning and a variety of jets have come out of the clouds to pummel the Viet Cong. Yay for a good day!

Send this user an email
02-02-2023, 04:53 PM,
The forty-eighth session of A Week in Binh Long. Well that was a rough session. I was ambushed in a number of areas and suffered some serve losses. In particular, an RPG team wiped out a platoon of ACAV's carrying a platoon of Engineers. Elsewhere, I lost some Loaches and some ARVN Regional Force units as well as landed into a hot LZ. Additionally, I made a mistake with watching the fuel gauge on some Slicks, so they are sitting having a picnic when I need them the most during this phase of Day 6. I have my work cut out for me today, that's for sure! Elsewhere in the other area of Operations, things aren't terrible and I've managed to secure most of the other Firebase locations.

Send this user an email