• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Market Garden '44 - Graphics bug?
01-12-2022, 08:33 AM,
Market Garden '44 - Graphics bug?
I have started scenario 0917_12. The counters on the map show British paratroopers where it should be American as shown on the left of the screen. A bug?

Attached Files
.jpg   screenshot.jpg (Size: 115.65 KB / Downloads: 30)
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2022, 09:32 PM,
RE: Market Garden '44 - Graphics bug?
"Graphical unit icons" seems to have a basic selection of unit types, regardless of nationality. It doesn't necessarily show a thumbnail version of the unit as shown in the unit information sidebar.

It seems there are a few generic graphics based on unit type for each side (not nationality). I just checked the situation in Scheldt '44 (JTS version) and France '40 (WDS version) and it applies in both games. Allied medium artillery has a 25 Pounder icon, regardless of nationality and type for example.
01-12-2022, 10:52 PM,
RE: Market Garden '44 - Graphics bug?
(01-12-2022, 09:32 PM)ComradeP Wrote: "Graphical unit icons" seems to have a basic selection of unit types, regardless of nationality. It doesn't necessarily show a thumbnail version of the unit as shown in the unit information sidebar.

It seems there are a few generic graphics based on unit type for each side (not nationality). I just checked the situation in Scheldt '44 (JTS version) and France '40 (WDS version) and it applies in both games. Allied medium artillery has a 25 Pounder icon, regardless of nationality and type for example.

Is that because all nationalities share the same generic symbol sheet for the counters? Sounds a bit strange considering they do each have a separate folder with images for objectives, bases, etc. (and the sidebar graphics)... maybe a hardcoded limitation.