• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

midway help
01-05-2022, 07:45 PM,
midway help
Playing Midway, again. But can someone tell me if certain things are working as intended, please? So, for example, if we just take the action of sending out a fan of search planes. They sight a target and I then want them to all assemble either somewhere close to the target (but not so close that the cap goes for them) in preparation for doing a bombing run on it or at least all equidistant from the target so that they all go in together, not piecemeal. I don't seem to be able to get them to do this though. I double click on one icon from the flight and that highlights the whole flight, I then right-click on the bit of space I want them to fly to (let's call it the IP) and it doesn't happen - instead they all fly off in various directions. If I right-click on the target they do all go for it, but I want them to assemble before doing this. How do I achieve this? Anyone know? What do others do? Do I somehow need to cancel the search mission first? Can that be done whilst they're airborne? Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2022, 08:04 PM,
RE: midway help
Oh. Scratch that. I've worked it out. You can just switch missions/create new missions whilst they're in flight - hence, create a new strike mission once they've spotted the carrier. Doing that, I did notice for the first time the bug where half of them fly off into the blue because the target was out of visual for half of them. Used the workaround ok.
Quote this message in a reply