• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cant Decide: Normandy 44 or Scheldt
12-29-2021, 06:53 PM,
RE: Cant Decide: Normandy 44 or Scheldt
Jus my 2 cents regarding the demos of PzC and PzB, as I think the "real" titles are much better than the demos in both cases  Helmet Smile

PzC Demo Mius - this is a kind of a slog as well, as you are assaulting a fortified German positions along the Mius river. While there are such scenarios in the eastern front titles of course, there are many more that are not such a slog - fluid situation like the mentioned Smolensk or Kiev etc., the same on the western front titles. So don´t be drawn-off if you find the demo too slogish, most scenarios and campaigns in these series are not like that.

PzB Demo - while there are a lot of scenarios to choose from, unfortunately not all are well representative either. Some of them seem without proper play-test. For example the eastern front Tartar ditch scenarios, I think there are 3 of them around that bettle there. Germans are like super human machines in there, all in great quality without losses, without fatigue, they will just steamroll through the poor soviet forces, these are simply unplayable outside of maybe some introduction to the game system..The two scenarios around Kharkov battles in 1943 are much, much better. 
The point is -  as I own only the North Africa ´41 title yet, I must say that the scenarios there are much better "balanced" in general in that title than in the demo.

And the whole point is - both demos are not that good at representing either of the series, they are really much better than the demos :)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Cant Decide: Normandy 44 or Scheldt - by JAJ28 - 12-29-2021, 01:43 AM
RE: Cant Decide: Normandy 44 or Scheldt - by Fhil - 12-29-2021, 06:53 PM