• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Suggestions for Old Eyes
12-21-2021, 04:23 AM,
Suggestions for Old Eyes
The magnified views in the different series are great and make it much easier to see the counters with my older eyes.  The large toolbar icons in the Civil War series also help a lot and I hope we can reapply that to the other series also.  Larger unit boxes would also help but I'm sure that is a much bigger request.  I realize I can change my Windows resolution to something like 125% but that creates some overall issues and also loses crispness in the high-res graphics.

I've also liked the way the team has harmonized the default optional rules and made the Alt scenarios the default in the newer titles, so we don't see two of everything in the selection list.  It would be nice if we could do that in the other titles and retire the Alt suffix completely.  The way it was handled in Japan 45 works well and still preserves the original scenarios for those who want to use them instead.

Greg
Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2021, 05:24 AM,
RE: Suggestions for Old Eyes
I found that Green's Unit Box mod helped my old eyes read the text better.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=74673
12-21-2021, 05:39 AM,
Greg,

In my Mod thread, mentioned above by Kilo, you will also see an explanation of how to alter the High DPI Settings in windows. This can dramatically improve the text readability but be aware that it does not work in every case.

The plan in terms of the scenarios is to adopt the J45 approach for other titles. The Alt scenarios will be the basis of the new 'WDS standard' scenarios with the original scenarios still available in a separate folder, for those that want them. The process will take some time as it is part of a broader standardization process that will include such things as a review of the PDT values across the series.

The goal is to minimize player confusion resulting from unnecessary differences across titles that have arisen due to the way the game has evolved over time. This is important as this series is already large but also because there are many new titles in the pipeline.

John
12-21-2021, 10:11 AM,
Thank you Green and Kilo!