• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

'Red Star over Europe' cross compatible with Vietnam AND TOD
01-03-2022, 06:14 PM,
RE: 'Red Star over Europe' cross compatible with Vietnam AND TOD
As I have expanded my experimentation it Looks like most mods can be played with most games set as the base game. I just got RSOE and SBWW2 to work with Modern War. I haven't tested everything yet but the scenarios can certainly all be played and the editors work.

This is particularly good news because 'Modern War' has many of the features activated which aren't present in earlier games in the SB series such as the ability to toggle civilian status for units and, I think, the addition of a Timer for demolition charges. This opens up many more options for scenario designers.

So all the Modders out there might consider publicising this cross compatibility to gain more play of your mods rather than just describing a game in terms of the base game that the work originally began on.

With a 'whole game' mod like 'Warhorse's' SBWW2 installing is as simple as copying a base games folder, renaming the folder. then deleting everything except the .exe files and unzipping the mod into that folder.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 'Red Star over Europe' cross compatible with Vietnam AND TOD - by Embis - 01-03-2022, 06:14 PM