• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Low Fuel/Ammo
12-19-2021, 01:37 AM,
Low Fuel/Ammo
Just to be clear these two are similar but not quite the same. Low ammo check happens every turn a unit fires and simply rolls a random die against the local supply level. If he rolls less than he is not low ammo. If he IS low ammo he simply has to have his HQ in command and pass the range test. Even on the same turn he acquired low ammo status. Correct?

A unit is checked to be low on fuel only on the midnight turns.....and if the same die roll is over the local supply value then they become low fuel. If on that same turn he is within command range of his HQ (no range test needed here) then he received refueling. But if, after the  midnite turn, he will check each turn and it appears to me that he must be in range of his HQ to even think about refueling.....but its not so automatic on non-midnight turns as he then has to roll against the refueling parameter found in the .pdt file. In the case of my Smolensk campaign refueling is set at 50% so he has to less than 50 to refuel....BUT....if he is not in range of his HQ then he doesnt even roll at all??
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2021, 04:52 AM,
RE: Low Fuel/Ammo
That is how I understand it. But for refueling a unit will also automatically fail its test on any turn if its HQ has not passed its command test. I suspect you know this but I just mention it so that it is clear.

There are some examples given in section 11.5 of the manual. Let me know if anything needs clarifying.

John
12-19-2021, 05:46 AM,
Thanks Green....I did understand that a unit cant refuel if his HQ is not in command.
12-19-2021, 06:55 AM,
(12-19-2021, 05:46 AM)Jim Wrote: Thanks Green....I did understand that a unit cant refuel if his HQ is not in command.

That is what I suspected. But the Supply rules have had a significant rewrite in the new manual so I wanted to make sure all was clear.

One of the other changes to the manual has been the addition of the material that was previously in the pzc.pdf document. This document is still there and can be accessed by the the F1 key but it is effectively now redundant. At some point in the future this document will be replaced with some quick reference material. For example, this could include a summary of supply rules, similar to the one you provided in you original post.

In the meantime players could make their own PDF with any information that they find useful. Save it as pzc.pdf and replace the one in the game and then use F1 to access it. I do this myself as my memory is not what it once was and there are some rules that do not want to stick in my head.

John
12-23-2021, 11:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 11:28 PM by Plain Ian.)
(12-19-2021, 04:52 AM)Green Wrote: That is how I understand it. But for refueling a unit will also automatically fail its test on any turn if its HQ has not passed its command test. I suspect you know this but I just mention it so that it is clear.

There are some examples given in section 11.5 of the manual. Let me know if anything needs clarifying.

John

Wow I'm impressed with 4.0 User manual. 

I tried to cut and paste a pic of 11.5 but I'm getting an error?

Ian in 'bonnie' Dundee