• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Stalingrad'42 Corrected map labels
12-11-2021, 06:27 AM,
Stalingrad'42 Corrected map labels
Sorry, idk where is better a sub-forum for it. Because it is not art or scenario mod. 

Stalingrad'42 Corrected map labels - link   
Make backup of original file.
(original file contains about 1200+ map labels)

• corrected many labels (mostly names but partially size too)
  • removed 12 
Variant with Russian labels - link
  • removed labels like "State Farm","Ferry"
  • all rest changed to original labels from 2 and 5 km RKKA maps.
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2021, 07:53 AM,
RE: Stalingrad'42 Corrected map labels
Great work! I think this should be added to the mod section or it will be difficult to find in the future.

A small point is that the Location Dialog, under the View menu, presents location names in the order that they are listed in the file. Since you have changed some names but not the order, there are some that are no longer in the correct place alphabetically. I am not sure if this will be a bigger issue for the Russian version or whether is makes no difference. But for example Tuktun-Shebener as after Zryaninskiy on the list because previously it was Zurgan. 

John
12-11-2021, 08:05 AM,
(12-11-2021, 07:53 AM)Green Wrote: A small point is that the Location Dialog, under the View menu, presents location names in the order that they are listed in the file. Since you have changed some names but not the order, there are some that are no longer in the correct place alphabetically.
Good point, I can try to fix it later maybe.
02-05-2022, 06:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2022, 02:54 AM by Schani59.)
Also a unit error. Rumanian 4th army HQ unit on map shows a brigade symbol. Discovered this in the 84 turn Winter Storm scenario.
I tried making map spelling corrections but then the Stalingrad.map did not work so reinstalled the original. I also would like to add a couple more villages and hill designations to the map.
These came up after I bought and began reading ON TO STALINGRAD: Operation Winter Thunderstorm and the attempt to relieve Sixth Army, December 1942. Great book by Horst Sheibert former commander of 6 company I/11th Panzer Regiment. Day by day maps. OOB of 6th Panzer Division and its commanders. Book centers on the 6th Panzer Division.
Pretty new series of books written originally in German back in the 60's recently translated to English. Next read is VITEBSK: The Fight and Destruction of the Third Panzer Army
Looking forward to getting other titles.
PANZER OPERATIONS: Germany's Panzer Group 3 During the Invasion of Russia 1941
MIRACLE at the LITZA: Hitler's first Defeat on the Eastern Front
LENINGRAD: The Advance of Panzer Group 4, 1941
THE BATTLE OF KORSUN-CHERKASSY: The Encirclement and Destruction of Army Group South, 1944
Seems to be a great series of books. About 150 pages with plenty of maps.
Hell's Gate though is my choice of books regarding the Korsun pocket.

I have found other errors in the Panzer Campaigns game series I would like to correct but dare not.
02-06-2022, 12:29 AM,
(02-05-2022, 06:35 AM)Schani59 Wrote: Also a unit error. Rumanian 4th army HQ unit on map shows a brigade symbol. Discovered this in the 84 turn Winter Storm scenario.
I tried making map spelling corrections but then the Stalingrad.map did not work so reinstalled the original. I also would like to add a couple more villages and hill designations to the map.
These came up after I bought and began reading ON TO STALINGRAD: Operation Winter Thunderstorm and the attempt to relieve Sixth Army, December 1942. Great book by Horst Sheibert former commander of 6 company I/11th Panzer Regiment. Day by day maps. OOB of 6th Panzer Division and its commanders. Book centers on the 6th Panzer Division.
Pretty new series of books written originally in German back in the 60's recently translated to English. Next read is VITEBSK: The Fight and Destruction to the Third Panzer Army
Looking forward to getting other titles.
PANZER OPERATIONS: Germany's Panzer Group 3 During the Invasion of Russia 1941
MIRACLE at the LITZA: Hitler's first Defeat on the Eastern Front
LENINGRAD: The Advance of Panzer Group 4, 1941
THE BATTLE OF KORSUN-CHERKASSY: The Encirclement and Destruction of Army Group South, 1944
Seems to be a great series of books. About 150 pages with plenty of maps.
Hell's Gate though is my choice of books regarding the Korsun pocket.

I have found other errors in the Panzer Campaigns game series I would like to correct but dare not.

It is much better to put a message in to the powers that be so they can check and verify.  That way everybody will get it in the following update.
02-07-2022, 02:57 AM,
I see. I just figured the moderators would see this thread. I'll have to compile a list then and forward it.
Thanks.
02-07-2022, 10:19 AM,
(02-07-2022, 02:57 AM)Schani59 Wrote: I see. I just figured the moderators would see this thread. I'll have to compile a list then and forward it.
Thanks.

Feel free to post anything you want here. If there are bugs, we all want to know.

In terms of the 4th Rumanian Army, the way it is displayed on the map is a function of the way the OOB works. It is an army but is subordinated to another army (4 Pz Army). In games terms this is not generally allowable. So the 4th Rumanian Army is given the category of Combat Command in the OOB to allow it to work in the game. You will see that in the unit box, the unit symbol correctly identifies it as an army and not a brigade, as does the unit name, so hopefully it should not cause too much confusion. There are good reasons for enforcing hierarchies in the game, so this is not a bug. 

John
02-07-2022, 04:37 PM,
Gothca. I noticed that in the unit box the correct army symbol. After a couple of years still pretty new to the series, but learning.