• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Incomplete records at WDS?
11-21-2021, 06:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 06:39 PM by Embis.)
Incomplete records at WDS?
I didnt receive links for all my JTS games in the many emails i received from WDS yesterday, just one for the SB series, So i went to browse through my purchase history on the WDS site but couldn't find many of my games listed there either. 

I assume this is just a teething problem, but wondered if anyone else is seeing an incomplete record ?
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2021, 06:47 PM,
RE: Incomplete records at WDS?
(11-21-2021, 06:32 PM)Embis Wrote: I didnt receive links for all my JTS games in the many emails i received from WDS yesterday, just one for the SB series, So i went to browse through my purchase history on the WDS site but couldn't find many of my games listed there either. 

I assume this is just a teething problem, but wondered if anyone else is seeing an incomplete record ?

Hi Embis,

Here is what we posted in the FAQ. As you can imagine, we are pulling together ownership across both multiple series, but also multiple companies.

Q: What happens with all the games I’ve purchased over the years from John Tiller?
A: All games purchase through John Tiller Software are completely supported in the same manner that JTS has supported them for years. All games that were purchased through HPS Simulations and converted to JTS versions over the years are also supported. That migration window has now closed, however. In short – if you have a serial number for your game, you are good to go going forward.

Q: What about getting the games installed? I never made a backup of most and what I do have is very old.
A: This is a multi-part answer:
·        First off, you should only be doing installations from a digital installer. All CD versions of the games are obsolete and in many cases the file structures are different. They should no longer be used.
·        We will be “re-opening” all orders from our existing store which will cause an email to be sent to you for each product you have ordered in the past. This will give you an opportunity to grab a new installer for the game that is completely up to date as of the WDS announcement.
·        If you purchased games through the original JTS store (Dec. 2010 – May 2012) then send an email to [email protected] along with your order number(s) or serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you.
·        If you were migrated over from old HPS purchases, then send an email to [email protected] along with your serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you. ** You must include a complete listing of all game names and serial numbers you are requesting new installers for.

There are three distinct times you may have bought your products: Through HPS, off the JTS store before Jun 2012 or subsequently on the JTS store. You should see entitlements from Jun 2012, if its prior, Rich will have records for them but not showing on the store.

I suggest as mentioned above you drop a note to support, for items that are prior to 2012.

I hope that helps?

Cheers,

David
11-22-2021, 05:56 PM,
RE: Incomplete records at WDS?
Thanks David, 
Thats great. Email sent.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I