• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Logging In
11-01-2021, 12:47 AM,
Logging In
Just wanted to ask why I have to log in almost every time I access the site. I put in my name and password. Then I select remember me and click log in.

I can sometimes leave the site and come back an hour later and I am asked to log in again?
What is the purpose of remember me?

I'm simply confused. In the past I used to be able to log in with remember me and never log in again. Now it seem that I log in each time.

Farmer

HSL
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2021, 02:18 PM,
RE: Logging In
Maybe your browser? The Blitz remembers me without issue. But I have had at least a handful of other sites that force sign in all the time, similar to what you are dealing with and I have never figured those out, but they typically have a tougher process, like my bank's site.
[Image: exercise.png]
11-02-2021, 12:03 AM,
LOL! Thanks!
But, I find it easier to get onto my bank's site. Wink

I have Firefox. It works everywhere else. I no longer go to the Matrix website but I never had an issue with theirs. It must be my browser. Dont Know

Farmer

HSL
11-02-2021, 05:52 AM,
(11-02-2021, 12:03 AM)Herr Straße Laufer Wrote: LOL! Thanks!
But, I find it easier to get onto my bank's site. Wink

I have Firefox. It works everywhere else. I no longer go to the Matrix website but I never had an issue with theirs. It must be my browser. Dont Know

Farmer

HSL

Hi Ed,

Websites download a "cookie" to your computer which has your login data when you check a "remember me" box, or they will do it automatically. It's possible that you have a setting which deletes these cookies over privacy concerns, or doesn't allow their storage on your computer in the first place. By default, that shouldn't be so, but could be something you installed and thought, "privacy, that's a good idea". Big Grin  Possibly an extension in Firefox. Try downloading Chrome or use Microsoft Edge, just to see. You can always delete Chrome afterwards. If that turns out to fix things, then reset Firefox to it's default settings.

Alternately, you could try looking under Firefox's settings under Privacy and Security. Put it on the Standard setting, first four under Logins and Passwords and Remember History. I can send you a screen shot of mine if you want, they should be defaults. Let me know.

I just tried my Firefox which I rarely use. I signed in and said to remember me. I then updated Firefox, restarted it and went back to the Blitz without an issue.

Hope there's something there that will help you. It's hard to troubleshoot a user issue. We just know that the website is WAD.

Thanks,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
11-02-2021, 05:57 AM,
Thanks Dave!

Farmer

HSL