• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
11-25-2021, 09:04 AM,
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
OK. So, if I summarize this, you are saying that you do not think the losses in your campaign are necessarily typical. The US losses are probably low and the Japanese losses are probably high. Also the Japanese losses will be considerably less than they appear as units are rotated to assist in the recovery of losses. You are doing better than may normally be expected. A US victory in not a certainty but is good possibility. Sorry for over-simplifying but I want to see the big picture. I am not ignoring the detail but just putting some things to one side.

The situation is hypothetical but looking at the situation maps provided in the game your progress is less than expected. The situation with XIV Corps is particularly concerning in terms of what would have been hoped for. Obviously it is meant to be a slow grind but I would say some adjustment is required to make the campaign a bit more fluid. And a corresponding increase in victory levels would presumably be necessary to compensate for this.

At some point, although I am not sure when, J46 scenarios will be looked at in terms of re-balancing as a consequence of the new default optional rules. This was, or still is, being done for J45. Because of your experience with this campaign, any suggestions that you and Elxaime provide will be an important part of that process. And apart from anything else, any testing of the campaign is unlikely to approach the number of turns you have reached, so your AAR is particularly valuable. It gives a reference for comparison with any testing that is done, which will be very helpful.

John
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR - by Green - 11-25-2021, 09:04 AM