• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
11-24-2021, 04:58 PM,
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
That all makes sense to me. I guess the big question is, how bad do you believe the balance is?

You are about a quarter of the way through this campaign. Doing some quick calcs to get a feel for the situation it appears that the Allies are inflicting considerably higher losses than they are sustaining. Just looking at men, the Allied total in the campaign is 187,000 plus 14,000 for the two strategic option divisions which gives a total of 201,000. They have lost 45,000 and so have 156,000 remaining. The Japanese total of 352,000 men has been reduced by losses of 152,000 so that 200,000 remain. Ignoring replacements. If this trend were to continue then there would be no Japanese survivors by the end of the campaign.

This is too simplistic as not all men are equal and it ignores guns, vehicles, ships and planes. Looking at the points values we see that the Allied net gain in points (ignoring objectives) is around 13,000. To achieve a major victory you need another 15,000. Even if you take no more objectives, a continuation of the trend would suggest you will obtain this long before turn 600.

Given that the expectation would not have been for such a static situation to develop, I am not trying to suggest the campaign is pro-Allied but there seems to be potentially two problems. The Allies cannot create breakthroughs but they can win in spite of that. Have I got this right? If so, does it mean that the objectives need to be increased so that they are more pro-Japanese while at the same time making changes to the game that are pro-Allied? 

What am I missing? You are immersed in the game and will be aware of many things that I am not. How do you see things playing out over time. What would you say is wrong and how would you fix it? Sorry to bombard you with questions but I find trying to wrap my mind around a 600 turn game is next to impossible.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR - by Green - 11-24-2021, 04:58 PM