• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
11-07-2021, 03:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 07:08 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
15th of March 1946 14:00 Turn 146

[Image: T6BXygJ.jpg]

The coastal battery at Zemba has been knocked out and the bunker it was in now contains US forces. The bunker at Sanya has been vacated.

[Image: M7r0pjS.jpg]

7th ID moves north, the Boso Peninsula is secure.

[Image: MpIRRSb.jpg]

As predicted, Japanese losses from naval artillery were stiff. The attack by the 6th Marine Division is spearheaded by armoured units. I'm trying to keep the Marine battalions out of line of sight, as Japanese artillery can be just as painful as my naval artillery on the Field hexes.

You can place two divisions through a strategy choice: the 97th ID (arrives 15th of March) and and the 11th Airborne Division (arrives 18th of March). Both divisions can land in either the First or Eight Army beaches or a special location.

97th ID can launch an amphibious invasion if the Izu Islands (nice for flavour, but the division would then end up being out of play for the rest of the game after capturing the island) or an amphibious invasion of South Lamour Beach (south of Yokosuka) which is an interesting option, but I fear it would be a suicidal one in my case.

I decided to land the 97th ID on the Marine beaches. They'll move towards the woods north of Honno to aid the XXIV Corps assault and relieve the 1st Marine Division.

11th Airborne can make airborne landings west or east of Tokyo, but that's also too risky for my liking. I haven't decided where I want to commit the Airborne forces yet.

Choosing a landing on one of the initial invasion beaches makes the units land intact without Invasion losses.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR - by ComradeP - 11-07-2021, 03:39 AM