• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
11-07-2021, 03:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 08:10 AM by ComradeP.)
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR
8th of March 1946 14:00 Turn 76

[Image: x042npv.jpg]

The Japanese unit in the hex two hexes north of where it says "Tamura" on the map (or 4 hexes directly south of Atsugi) is in a bunker, which is why I'm making such an elaborate flanking manoeuvre. Strangely, it hasn't used direct fire on my unit adjacent to it.

[Image: hSZUZNe.jpg]

As you can see, considerable progress has been made. Oiwake has been captured and the plateau is nearly cleared. Most of the settlements along the primary road from Mobara to Chonan and then north to Oiwake are also intact and haven't been turned to rubble. I was careful to avoid that, if possible.

I had some hope that a breakthrough towards Tokyo Bay would be possible, but there were too many high quality Japanese units in the way and it wouldn't have been worth pushing units to their limit. As mentioned earlier, in the end it was a good thing that only coastal guns and observers were left in the Boso Peninsula.

The 147th Division has by now withdrawn from its positions along the coastal road, so 7th ID will start moving both south and west into the Boso Peninsula. It will conduct a wide sweep to make sure I don't miss any units hiding in a forest somewhere. Or to at least decrease that chance considerably.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Japan '46 Operation Coronet Allied AAR - by ComradeP - 11-07-2021, 03:22 AM