• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Player looking for advice
10-22-2021, 04:03 AM,
New Player looking for advice
Hi I am Cal. I am fairly new to JTS games and was looking to get into panzer campaigns. Is this the right place to find opponents for multiplayer? (once I learn the game in single player) I want to make sure people are still playing these games... Any suggestions on what games should I start with? I was hoping for something on the eastren front (KIVE 43?) What is popular right now?
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2021, 04:19 AM,
RE: New Player looking for advice
(10-22-2021, 04:03 AM)cal755 Wrote: Hi I am Cal. I am fairly new to JTS games and was looking to get into panzer campaigns. Is this the right place to find opponents for multiplayer? (once I learn the game in single player) I want to make sure people are still playing these games... Any suggestions on what games should I start with? I was hoping for something on the eastren front (KIVE 43?) What is popular right now?

This is definitely the right place for multiplayer... and one-on-one. People are definitely still playing these games - I just discovered them about a year ago; I have several games going right now and have never had a lack of ready opponents! As for what to start with I'll offer the same advice that has been given many times on the forum: start with what you're interested in, you will have no problem finding opponents for whatever that is. Welcome and good luck!
10-22-2021, 04:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 04:23 AM by Kool Kat.)
(10-22-2021, 04:03 AM)cal755 Wrote: Hi I am Cal. I am fairly new to JTS games and was looking to get into panzer campaigns. Is this the right place to find opponents for multiplayer? (once I learn the game in single player) I want to make sure people are still playing these games... Any suggestions on what games should I start with? I was hoping for something on the eastren front (KIVE 43?) What is popular right now?

Gent:  Smoke7

Please pick a theater and title that you are interested in.  Smile

Eastern Front titles are popular. You will have no issues finding opponents for Kiev '43.

While playing against the AI may be useful in learning the game mechanics, I advise you to asap play against human opponents. You will lose your first few matches, but will gain valuable experience! Playing against a human opponent is MUCH different then playing HAL.

All the best in your gaming!  Big Grin
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
10-22-2021, 06:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2021, 06:19 AM by Compass Rose.)

[Image: b523f0b4b198212195206.0048890001326794896.gif]

You didn't mention it so I wanted to make sure that you were aware that JTS does offer a free Panzer Campaigns (PzC) Demo called Mius'43 which is located on their "Demos" Page found here:

https://johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

As has already been suggested to you, when you buy your first title, select one that you have an interest in.  Every PzC title has small, medium, and large-sized scenarios.

Feel free to look at the Blitz section labeled "Scenarios" as 99% of the scenarios from all titles have been uploaded to the database and that way you can easily read all the different scenario descriptions that come with each title.

If you have any questions, make sure you ask on the forum boards as we have some very knowledgeable members who know the series very well.  In addition, we have several active Blitz members who have been on JTS test teams and some who actually designed and created scenarios and game maps that are found within the games.

Let us know if we can be any help to you.

Keep us posted as to which title you decided on to be your first.  It can be a hard decision to make as there are so many great titles and theaters of war to choose from.  Wink

Good Luck!  Thumbs Up
10-22-2021, 11:39 AM,
(10-22-2021, 04:22 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:

Eastern Front titles are popular. You will have no issues finding opponents for Kiev '43.

While playing against the AI may be useful in learning the game mechanics, I advise you to asap play against human opponents. You will lose your first few matches, but will gain valuable experience! Playing against a human opponent is MUCH different then playing HAL.

I want to second what Kool Kat says. You will learn the game by playing solo, but if you play with other people you will learn to play the game.
10-22-2021, 12:50 PM,
(10-22-2021, 11:39 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 04:22 AM)Kool Kat Wrote:

I want to second what Kool Kat says. You will learn the game by playing solo, but if you play with other people you will learn to play the game.
Thank you.
10-23-2021, 12:39 AM,
I want to third Kool Kat's advice--I have played for years, on and off, and am a very mediocre PZCC player. Playing against the AI will help you learn how to defeat the set defenses that you will face in most games at the start of battles, especially the East Front games (exceptions are Smolensk and Budapest). Start with smaller scenarios and work your way up.
10-23-2021, 02:09 AM,
One thing I would suggest is considering the use of AutoHotKey to add much better (and customizable) hotkey support. I can't play these games without it. There is a lengthy thread on this forum on the topic.
10-23-2021, 11:55 AM,
(10-23-2021, 02:09 AM)76mm Wrote: One thing I would suggest is considering the use of AutoHotKey to add much better (and customizable) hotkey support.  I can't play these games without it.  There is a lengthy thread on this forum on the topic.

Or hit the F1 key...
10-24-2021, 06:24 AM,
(10-23-2021, 11:55 AM)Liebchen Wrote:
(10-23-2021, 02:09 AM)76mm Wrote: One thing I would suggest is considering the use of AutoHotKey to add much better (and customizable) hotkey support.  I can't play these games without it.  There is a lengthy thread on this forum on the topic.

Or hit the F1 key...

OK, I'll bite.  How does hitting the F1 key help you add customized hotkeys?