• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Congestion and supply lines
09-28-2021, 11:36 AM,
Congestion and supply lines
Does anyone know if congestion has any effect on the virtual supply trucks? It ought to, but I can't find any reference to it.
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2021, 02:32 PM,
RE: Congestion and supply lines
No, I do not believe it has any effect. It probably should but the effect would be trivial as we would only be talking about a maximum drop of 1 point of supply level per congestion marker. Unless the supply could only to be traced through a path with included several congested hexes (which is highly unlikely) then the difference should not be noticeable.
09-28-2021, 02:43 PM,
(09-28-2021, 02:32 PM)Green Wrote: No, I do not believe it has any effect. It probably should but the effect would be trivial as we would only be talking about a maximum drop of 1 point of supply level per congestion marker. Unless the supply could only to be traced through a path with included several congested hexes (which is highly unlikely) then the difference should not be noticeable.

"One supply point" seems awfully arbitrary.

For WWI, why couldn't it be 8 points, which is the cost for horse units to pass through brush, or even 15 (forest)?

For WWII it could cost 32 or 100 points, which is what it costs trucks to travel through brush or forest, respectively.
09-28-2021, 03:49 PM,
(09-28-2021, 02:43 PM)Liebchen Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 02:32 PM)Green Wrote: No, I do not believe it has any effect. It probably should but the effect would be trivial as we would only be talking about a maximum drop of 1 point of supply level per congestion marker. Unless the supply could only to be traced through a path with included several congested hexes (which is highly unlikely) then the difference should not be noticeable.

For WWI, why couldn't it be 8 points, which is the cost for horse units to pass through brush, or even 15 (forest)?

For WWII it could cost 32 or 100 points, which is what it costs trucks to travel through brush or forest, respectively.

I said a maximum of 1 point, as the user manual say that: 

"For hexes such as Marsh and Swamp where Motorized movement is prohibited, a default movement cost of 50 is used."

A movement cost of 50 is equivalent to 1 supply point. My logic was that a congested hex would not have more effect than prohibited terrain.

There is nothing arbitrary about the calculation. Once again the user manual explains this:

"In particular, given a movement cost of MC, the drop in supply value is 0.02 * MC."
09-29-2021, 12:25 AM,
(09-28-2021, 03:49 PM)Green Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 02:43 PM)Liebchen Wrote:

I said a maximum of 1 point, as the user manual say that: 

"For hexes such as Marsh and Swamp where Motorized movement is prohibited, a default movement cost of 50 is used."

A movement cost of 50 is equivalent to 1 supply point. My logic was that a congested hex would not have more effect than prohibited terrain.

There is nothing arbitrary about the calculation. Once again the user manual explains this:

"In particular, given a movement cost of MC, the drop in supply value is 0.02 * MC."

OK, I see where you came up with that.