• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Dragons in RBR
08-27-2021, 10:13 PM,
Dragons in RBR
Hi guys,
I've just saw that dismounted dragons have no carbins and couldn't fire in RBR. My brave boys just has been smashed by Prussians when were in line and are dismounted. This is special intetion that in this period dragons couldn't fire?
And maybe someone told the crew in JTS that some border for meeling strenght have be introduced. Maybe only 600 infantry and 300 cavalery could meele max?
Buy this is a great game I like it very much.
Quote this message in a reply
08-27-2021, 10:40 PM,
RE: Dragons in RBR
That sounds like a bug to me.

Stacking limits have been lowered in the latest patches, but not that low. The problem is that a melee would be almost impossible using those limits.

Yes it's a fun game.
08-27-2021, 11:01 PM,
(08-27-2021, 10:40 PM)agmoss99 Wrote: That sounds like a bug to me.

Stacking limits have been lowered in the latest patches, but not that low. The problem is that a melee would be almost impossible using those limits.

Yes it's a fun game.

How I can fix this Bug? I have this last patch 1.01.
Maybe not neccesery stack limit but some limit in combat. For example I have 600 cavalery on the one hex and program count only max 300 in fight. It's possible to rise charge power for cavaler than. And we have 1200 man in assault column and only 600 hundred can fight in meele. 
And its possible to cancel this column bonus for Prussians and Austrians in RBR? Maybe like a British infantry? But ofcourse wihtout this great fire discipline advantege.
Yes great game for sure! Nothing better exist on PC at now. But this little improvments can bring more fun and joy I think , but ofcourse I could be wrong.
08-28-2021, 07:20 AM,
Would need to know which scenario (preferably the scenario number), to be able to best help -it sounds like an issue with a weapon type (maybe) not having been rated.
Bydand
Send this user an email
08-28-2021, 08:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2021, 08:48 AM by TytusDeZoo82.)
(08-28-2021, 07:20 AM)_72z Wrote: Would need to know which scenario (preferably the scenario number), to be able to best help -it sounds like an issue with a weapon type (maybe) not having been rated.

Hi _72z
I've chekeed this in all scenarios all armies dragons have only sword, and when dismount also have only sword.
Maybe designer made this  with intetion but why thay could dismount when can't fire?
I've cheked also OOB's files and in text format there are only digits/numbers no letters for weapons.
08-28-2021, 08:28 PM,
(08-28-2021, 08:47 AM)TytusDeZoo82 Wrote:
(08-28-2021, 07:20 AM)_72z Wrote: Would need to know which scenario (preferably the scenario number), to be able to best help -it sounds like an issue with a weapon type (maybe) not having been rated.

Hi _72z
I've chekeed this in all scenarios all armies dragons have only sword, and when dismount also have only sword.
Maybe designer made this  with intetion but why thay could dismount when can't fire?
I've cheked also OOB's files and in text format there are only digits/numbers no letters for weapons.

:/  In that case I wouldn't think it was a bug, but it sounds more like a design choice.  I understand exactly where you are coming from, though --- what's the point of being able to dismount?   And ... I don't know the answer either.
Bydand
Send this user an email
08-28-2021, 08:37 PM,

Hi _72z
I've cheked this in all scenarios all armies dragons have only sword, and when dismount also have only sword.

:/  In that case I wouldn't think it was a bug, but it sounds more like a design choice.  I understand exactly where you are coming from, though --- what's the point of being able to dismount?   And ... I don't know the answer either.

I only looked at Valmy - and both sides ... same as you have reported.
Bydand
Send this user an email
08-28-2021, 09:16 PM,
(08-28-2021, 08:37 PM)_72z Wrote:

Hi _72z
I've cheked this in all scenarios all armies dragons have only sword, and when dismount also have only sword.

I only looked at Valmy - and both sides ... same as you have reported.
08-28-2021, 09:27 PM,
Yes I saw this in Valmy scenario at first time exactly in camapaign scenario. Then I started checked all scenarios where dragon units are, and at last I opened special scenario with all units overview, and all dragons of all nations have only sword. But I'm sure that is designer intetion becouse in French OOB exist special infantry units of dismounted dragons- Dragons a Pied about 500 strong unit. So I think that's how it works.
Great game I hope only that in next patch JTS team cancel Prussians and Austrians this column melee bonus. Russians sometimes used attack columns in this time especially against Turks.
I will use ocasion and ask. Eylau - Friedland is a good title for beginner?
And if I will play by email I have only two maybe three houers free on day so it's possible play like this?
08-29-2021, 10:48 AM,
(08-28-2021, 09:27 PM)TytusDeZoo82 Wrote: Yes I saw this in Valmy scenario at first time exactly in camapaign scenario. Then I started checked all scenarios where  dragon units are, and at last I opened special scenario with all units overview, and all dragons of all nations have only sword. But I'm sure that is designer intetion becouse in French OOB exist special infantry units of dismounted dragons- Dragons a Pied about 500 strong unit. So I think that's how it works.
Great game I hope only that in next patch JTS team cancel Prussians and Austrians this column melee bonus. Russians sometimes used attack columns in this time especially against Turks.
I will use ocasion and ask. Eylau - Friedland is a good title for beginner?
And if I will play by email I have only two maybe three houers free on day so it's possible play like this?

It was like that in the early stages of another title I was involved in the test on (not a Napoleonic title) ... swords only for Dragoons - and the feedback I gave was more or less what you'd written. I think it ended up getting changed.

Dragoon as a unit type has some special differences -namely being able to dismount. I am not sure if there are some other coding about effectiveness that is hard-coded into the NB engine with regards to bonuses, modifiers, whatever - there are in the Musket and Pike series from what I was working with.

Now my solution to this situation (there were units that would fire -but never dismount) -- is as a designer whatever modifiers you want can be applied on a per unit basis in the OOB file. In my case for that type of seemingly oddball unit, I applied a workaround that prevented this unit from dismounting.  But it is the same idea.

What it looks like you have here is a situation where maybe units in real life were designated 'dragoons' but in the game there is functionally no difference between run of the mill cavalry armed only with swords. Certainly combat-wise there is no reason to dismount someone with a sword.

Column bonuses (now I have to go and look up how to do that in MP engine; I know that it can be done, but I don't remember if it is by nation or not. I know it is a rating in the Parameter Data Table (PDT) file.).  The point being, your mentioning it here ... means it is maybe going to be an important consideration there too -am hoping it can be set by nation slot in that engine.   I don't work enough with NB's engine enough to know if it's possible there (or maybe I mean 'how it's possible there), but I do know that the engines are related... so maybe it is the same way.  I'm probably going to be needing that info ... so at a minimum, I appreciate the reminder. :)

Eylau: -no experience with that title, as I hadn't gotten around to playing it, so I will defer to others' answers.
Bydand
Send this user an email