• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1776 - 2nd attempt to understand the game
09-10-2021, 11:06 AM,
RE: 1776 - 2nd attempt to understand the game
People who know me, know my conversational style is rhetorical, so yeah I kind of already know “it ain’t right” - I was just venting. That said, this period is not personal to me, but is one I’m fairly passionate about.  My knowledge is less than what it is about WW2 or the ACW, which is why I leave the door open on the possibility that maybe there’s something about the history I just don’t understand.  

All that said, what specifically do I think is wrong and what do I think it should be?

1). Units in column formation do not get flagged as Enfiladed when fired upon from flank or rear.  They may get the fire modifier for casualties- playing with FOW I can’t be sure - but not getting the morale hit is wrong IMO.  Personally I think units in column that are fired upon from any side should be so flagged, but at the very least they should be flagged when fire comes from rear or flanks.

2). I think units that melee while in column formation should be severely penalized, at least a 50% reduction to combat value since they are engaging on a narrow frontage.  It should be a rare event, usually only against an already weakened foe, or in extremely desperate circumstances that a unit would do it. 

Thanks for listening
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1776 - 2nd attempt to understand the game - by Steel God - 09-10-2021, 11:06 AM