• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1776 - 2nd attempt to understand the game
09-10-2021, 03:04 AM,
RE: 1776 - 2nd attempt to understand the game
We have continued on with our battles, and I simply do not yet quite grasp either the historical reality of 17th Century warfare, or the game itself.  What our battle has evolved into (devolved maybe?) is very close to a rugby scrum.  We're playing with the alternate rule for line disruption while moving, and that, combined with units in column formation never EVER getting flagged as enfiladed (even if you shoot em in the ass) and and units in column getting no penalty while meleed, and in fact get a 10% bonus since they can't fire....well why bother dropping into line at all?  Just push your army around in a column and shove until a line breaks somewhere.  I mean, if someone wants to tell me..."THAT'S IT", and that was the designers intent because it's historically accurate, or the designer just thinks it makes a better game, I'm okay with that.....but if someone would say "hmmm, that's not quite right" it sure would be nice.  Maybe that's the issue....I mean the silence on the subject is quite deafening so maybe very few people bother playing the titles.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1776 - 2nd attempt to understand the game - by Steel God - 09-10-2021, 03:04 AM