• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Purchasing Guide
07-23-2021, 04:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2021, 04:44 AM by Phas.)
Purchasing Guide
Greetings my fellow hex and counter enthusiasts!

I'm looking for help which title to buy next. I would like one from the Western Front starting with '44. Which one would you recommend, whats your favorite one? 
I'd like to do some PBEMs once I'm more familiar with the system, which title is most popular in that regard?

Cheers for your advice!

regards
John
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2021, 12:12 PM,
RE: Purchasing Guide
Your question about which title to get next is a very common question that we see here all the time.

The "standard" reply is for you to select a title that interests you the most.

I do not own Scheldt '44 however, I believe reading others who posted that there is alot of mud and slow movement conditions found within the game.  Bulge '44 has snow in some of the scenarios.  Both mud and snow will slow down the pace of the advancement of your units and the speed of your game.

Bottom line, select what interests you the most and don't worry, you'll have no problem finding PBEM opponents here at the Blitz.

If you are addicted to JTS games, just like the rest of us, you will eventually own them all. Rolling Eyes

Please keep us updated on what you decide.

Good Luck!
07-26-2021, 04:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2021, 04:03 AM by Trac_511.)
RE: Purchasing Guide
You kind of get a "2fer" with Sheldt '44 as it includes 85-turn Market Garden scenarios. I have it but have not sunk my teeth into it (as in complete a campaign) yet, but from what I've seen the theatre is a grinder. Normandy is probably also a grinder but has lots of historical flavor. Bulge seems to be a good mix of combined arms with maneuverability as far as Western Front in '44.

Personally, I've been enjoying the hypothetical titles in this series, Japan '45 & '46 and currently playing Sealion '41.