• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hex Side Bridge Damage p. 80
06-25-2021, 10:57 AM,
Hex Side Bridge Damage p. 80
Hello PzC'ers!

Trying to get a handle on bridge damage.

Engineer Unit uses Assault value and number of pers/10 in unit - eg AV-15*(130pers/10) = 15*13 = 195

Bridge as per parameter data - eg 16

Plus other modifiers.

Bit lost from here!

In simple terms, does the assault value have to be larger than the bridge parameter value?

thx
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2021, 11:44 AM,
RE: Hex Side Bridge Damage p. 80
I do not think so. However, that would seem to me to improve the odds for successful damage.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
06-25-2021, 08:40 PM,
I'm pretty sure the engine performs an "attack" on the bridge. In your example it would be 195 vs. 16. How that's resolved, I don't know. Is it simple odds? (e.g., 195/16 = 12.1 to 1) I'm guessing there's a little more to it than that... If you perform an assault with FOW turned off, the game will show you the odds calculation for the attack. Maybe it shows the odds for a bridge demo?
06-25-2021, 10:21 PM,
(06-25-2021, 08:40 PM)LordDeadwood Wrote: I'm pretty sure the engine performs an "attack" on the bridge. In your example it would be 195 vs. 16. How that's resolved, I don't know. Is it simple odds? (e.g., 195/16 = 12.1 to 1) I'm guessing there's a little more to it than that... If you perform an assault with FOW turned off, the game will show you the odds calculation for the attack. Maybe it shows the odds for a bridge demo?

My understanding of the rule as stated in the manual is that the Engineer unit indeed performs a standard attack against the bridge as if the bridge were a vehicle with a Defense value of 16, and the attack is resolved as per the standard combat calculation (Att. value / Def. value with losses divided by 10).
07-07-2021, 02:22 PM,
(06-25-2021, 10:21 PM)Xerxes77 Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 08:40 PM)LordDeadwood Wrote: I'm pretty sure the engine performs an "attack" on the bridge. In your example it would be 195 vs. 16. How that's resolved, I don't know. Is it simple odds? (e.g., 195/16 = 12.1 to 1) I'm guessing there's a little more to it than that... If you perform an assault with FOW turned off, the game will show you the odds calculation for the attack. Maybe it shows the odds for a bridge demo?

My understanding of the rule as stated in the manual is that the Engineer unit indeed performs a standard attack against the bridge as if the bridge were a vehicle with a Defense value of 16, and the attack is resolved as per the standard combat calculation (Att. value / Def. value with losses divided by 10).

So kill that 1 "vehicle" and ...