• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PzC Unit Box and Leader Mod – Version 2
05-26-2021, 05:33 AM,
RE: PzC Unit Box and Leader Mod – Version 2
John I can only assume that you are retired and have lots of time to carefully craft the artwork and then set up the downloads and displays. That's an incredible job you have done. Bravo!!!

I agree with a previous poster. These should become standard artwork. 

Just one question. Nothing to do with the artwork but more a question about the specific units from the game displayed, Kharkov 42. 

In the game are the German Mountain units really composed of 1,000 man Battalions?

The Russian HQ is shown with 200 men? I can't think of ever seeing an HQ with that many men before? I realize that HQ strength doesn't mean much apart from giving it a defense strength but is this the standard size for Army HQ's in Kharkov 42?

[Image: 2021-05-25_20h08_10.png]
Ian from Bonnie Scotland Slàinte!
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2021, 07:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2021, 07:22 AM by Green.)
(05-26-2021, 05:33 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: John I can only assume that you are retired and have lots of time to carefully craft the artwork and then set up the downloads and displays. That's an incredible job you have done. Bravo!!!

I agree with a previous poster. These should become standard artwork. 

Just one question. Nothing to do with the artwork but more a question about the specific units from the game displayed, Kharkov 42. 

In the game are the German Mountain units really composed of 1,000 man Battalions?

The Russian HQ is shown with 200 men? I can't think of ever seeing an HQ with that many men before? I realize that HQ strength doesn't mean much apart from giving it a defense strength but is this the standard size for Army HQ's in Kharkov 42?

[Image: 2021-05-25_20h08_10.png]
Ian from Bonnie Scotland Slàinte!

Ian,

Yes, I am indeed retired. Working never agreed with me, so I am finding the alternative more to my liking! Smile

In Kharkov '42, it is only the Indragnir mod that has 1000 man German Mountain battalions. In the other versions they are 750 men. No doubt he had good reasons.

While 1000 man units are rare you will see that my sample images for Smolensk '41 have a 1000 man Mtn Cav Rgt. Just an odd coincidence.

The stock, ALT and Indragnir OOB's for K42 all have 200 man Soviet Army HQ's. This is higher than average but not unheard of. Most corps HQ's had been disbanded by the Soviets at this point in the war, so perhaps that explains the larger size for Army HQ's. Not sure.

Cheers,
John
06-01-2021, 07:49 AM,
Very impressive mod, I am pretty happy with the games out of the box these days and do not install many...if any mods, but this one passed the test :) Thanks for all efforts!
Kind Regards,
Harry
06-02-2021, 12:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2021, 12:51 PM by Green.)
(06-01-2021, 07:49 AM)gabeeg Wrote: Very impressive mod, I am pretty happy with the games out of the box these days and do not install many...if any mods, but this one passed the test :)  Thanks for all efforts!

Thanks, gabeeg. You make a good point. The Gold versions had totally transformed these games in terms of graphics. It is getting harder to find anything to mod!

John
06-28-2021, 01:52 AM,
(05-26-2021, 05:33 AM)Plain Ian Wrote: In the game are the German Mountain units really composed of 1,000 man Battalions?

I noticed this question today.
As per William Russ work on primary sources (microfilms) the Mountain divisions were overstrength just prior to Case Blue. 

BTW in Stalingrad you will see 1000 men cavalry regiments on the Soviet side again.
07-05-2021, 01:23 PM,
Western Front

The mods for the six Western titles have been added to the downloads.

The Naval art has been redone in an attempt to match the Japan '45/'46 standard.

Leader portraits have not been looked at but will be in due course.
07-05-2021, 11:50 PM,
What a late night 4th of July treat you gave me last night!

Hooray8 Hat Hooray Wave Hooray Fireworks3
07-06-2021, 08:38 AM,
That is some impressive emoji art, Chad! Many thanks. Smile

I have to confess that the significance of the date had escaped my notice but in fairness, for me it was already the afternoon of the 5th of July when I posted these. And I did not get a holiday! Hope you enjoyed your celebrations.

Cheers,
John
07-06-2021, 10:29 AM,
(07-05-2021, 01:23 PM)Green Wrote: Western Front

The mods for the six Western titles have been added to the downloads.

The Naval art has been redone in an attempt to match the Japan '45/'46 standard.

Leader portraits have not been looked at but will be in due course.

Thanks Green.
My eyes thank you as well.
07-07-2021, 11:07 AM,
(07-06-2021, 10:29 AM)bigus Wrote: Thanks Green.
My eyes thank you as well.

My pleasure. Any problems, let me know. Otherwise it is on to the Mediterranean...