• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

I just read of John Tillers passing on april 26th
04-29-2021, 08:52 AM,
RE: I just read of John Tillers passing on april 26th
I was fortunate enough to do some work for him over the past decade. He never really interacted with me directly apart from being cc'd on a few emails, although I am pretty sure we were working directly when it came to adding the coding for the last round of engine changes with Musket and Pike.

I know it was a tough set of changes to get nailed in the programming, and it broadened the scope of that series exponentially. 

I fully knew he was exacting in what he wanted and expected with engine changes; it is tough to get those through - and I really appreciate what Rick wrote about how those go.  It was a really good experience.

But I mean - with Mr Tiller, for me it went back to buying Gettysburg, Waterloo, and Bulge at a Best Buy ... am pretty sure I saw Battleground Chickamauga in a Walmart -- it used to happen .. wargames in big box stores.

By far the biggest influence in my computer gaming, but the thing is -I got the sense he was a first and foremost, family centered. 

My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I just read of John Tillers passing on april 26th - by -72- - 04-29-2021, 08:52 AM