• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

modding map hexes in Modern Campaigns?
05-02-2021, 03:29 PM,
RE: modding map hexes in Modern Campaigns?
(05-02-2021, 12:43 PM)Green Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 08:33 AM)_72z Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 06:22 AM)neonlicht Wrote: Been experimenting with custom-scenario design in the JT Modern Campaigns series. On one of the maps that ship with the game I noticed some anomalies---for example, a small fragment of "primary road" in a Danube water hex (only visible in 3D mode). And that made me wonder: is it possible to edit individual hexes in order to correct any anomalies? Thanks in advance for replies.

Just caught the detail that you're talking about a 'tiny fragment' and not the entire graphic.

Do you have a screenshot of this?  It might be a couple of things.  What I would be looking for is if it is across a hexside or not.  There are several possibilities.

It might not involve a map editor, but at the same time it also sounds like potentially a misaligned graphic.

It will require the map editor. It is a basically a primary road connecting two full water hexes. You can only see it in 3D which is why it has probably never been noticed before.

I will see if I can get it corrected for the next update. It is simply an aesthetic issue and has no effect on the game.

Interesting that this doesn't show up in 2D then.

Knowing a bit about how the map editor works  --- technically, that sounds like about a second and a half of work.
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: modding map hexes in Modern Campaigns? - by -72- - 05-02-2021, 03:29 PM