• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

modding map hexes in Modern Campaigns?
05-02-2021, 12:43 PM,
RE: modding map hexes in Modern Campaigns?
(05-02-2021, 08:33 AM)_72z Wrote:
(04-28-2021, 06:22 AM)neonlicht Wrote: Been experimenting with custom-scenario design in the JT Modern Campaigns series. On one of the maps that ship with the game I noticed some anomalies---for example, a small fragment of "primary road" in a Danube water hex (only visible in 3D mode). And that made me wonder: is it possible to edit individual hexes in order to correct any anomalies? Thanks in advance for replies.

Just caught the detail that you're talking about a 'tiny fragment' and not the entire graphic.

Do you have a screenshot of this?  It might be a couple of things.  What I would be looking for is if it is across a hexside or not.  There are several possibilities.

It might not involve a map editor, but at the same time it also sounds like potentially a misaligned graphic.

It will require the map editor. It is a basically a primary road connecting two full water hexes. You can only see it in 3D which is why it has probably never been noticed before.

I will see if I can get it corrected for the next update. It is simply an aesthetic issue and has no effect on the game.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: modding map hexes in Modern Campaigns? - by Green - 05-02-2021, 12:43 PM