• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Waterloo: Large_fixed or large_historical ?
04-19-2021, 11:28 PM,
Waterloo: Large_fixed or large_historical ?
Going to start a large Waterloo scenario - 388 turns.
Not sure which one to pick. Large_fixed or large_historical ? I don't want to invest a lot of time in the wrong scenario so I would appreciate if you could tel me which one betweeen the two is the best for a solo game (and why) 

Thank you !
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2021, 12:14 AM,
RE: Waterloo: Large_fixed or large_historical ?
I'd recommend the unfixed version. The allies are already at a disadvantage in having few troops and scattered about. The French move a lot faster than historically and can be at Quatre Bras a day ahead unless suicidal delaying tactics are employed .....whilst the allies suffer a steady reinforcement of supply wagons. Not so bad when playing yourself but it's a big problem when playing a determined opponent.

Beware, on a different note, there are hundreds of supply wagons now, and they are worth a huge amount of points.
04-20-2021, 02:51 AM,
Forgot to say that I intend to play as France.

Another question regarding the large map. It still has the 3D blurry graphics and seems it has not been remade with better art like smaller maps avalable in the Waterloo 3D maps package. Or did I missed it ?
04-20-2021, 08:38 AM,
I think I read somewhere that the campaign map has not been updated to the new 3D graphics.
04-20-2021, 03:26 PM,
Thanks. Seems it is the case ...