• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Effect of rubble and mines on local supply?
04-16-2021, 04:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2021, 04:50 PM by ComradeP.)
RE: Effect of rubble and mines on local supply?
It could be that supply trace for hexes with a road "ends" at the hexside, instead of fully taking terrain penalties into account.
That ties in nicely with our findings on supply across streams discussed recently, and across bridges discussed a while ago.

Minefields might inflict a 33,3%, 66,6% or 100% MP penalty depending on minefield strength on VST trucks as well, which could explain a slight decrease.

What I don't understand is what happens with supply as it passes through the RUBBLE hex. In my case the supply from the hex north of Brabander into Brabander decreased supply from 57 to 48. One possible explanation is that RUBBLE movement cost for supply traces is applied on top of increased movement costs for terrain conditions. That is, the terrain cost is applied twice. ((30x4)x0.02)+((30x4)x3x0.02).

However, the unit in the hex south of Brabander had a supply level of only 40, though it's connected to Brabander by a minor road and I would expect supply to be either still 48 or 47 as VST supply movement cost for secondary road in mud conditions modified by strength 1 minefield would be (4x5)x1.33=0.53.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Effect of rubble and mines on local supply? - by ComradeP - 04-16-2021, 04:50 PM