• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question on Reinforcements
03-31-2021, 11:34 PM,
Help  Question on Reinforcements
I´m playing a Budapest 45 scenario (441231-03) in which the Russian side should receive some reinforcements from the 3rd January 45 onwards. 
The Scheduled time table states: 22.00 3rd Jan 45 (0% Daily) for several units

We have already the 4th jan in our game and no unit has arrived so far.

What does 0% Daily mean??? 
Do the reinforcements ever arrive?

I couldn´t find anything in the manual which clarified things for me. 

I understood that "Daily" means that there´s only one check per day. However, 0%  means that there´s a 0% probabilty that the reinforcements arrive?!

Thanks in advance!

Steffen
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2021, 02:24 AM,
RE: Question on Reinforcements
0% arrival chance reinforcements might be "tied" to a specific reinforcement with the same arrival time.

It makes sure those units will never arrive in a piecemeal manner (which they might with arrival chance set for individual reinforcements) but all at once. The units are not all grouped in one package because it's not possible to set different arrival hexes for units included in one entry in the reinforcements dialog.

Daily means an arrival check is done at the each game day, instead of each turn.
04-01-2021, 09:36 PM,
(04-01-2021, 02:24 AM)ComradeP Wrote: 0% arrival chance reinforcements might be "tied" to a specific reinforcement with the same arrival time.

It makes sure those units will never arrive in a piecemeal manner (which they might with arrival chance set for individual reinforcements) but all at once. The units are not all grouped in one package because it's not possible to set different arrival hexes for units included in one entry in the reinforcements dialog.

Daily means an arrival check is done at the each game day, instead of each turn.

Thanks a lot for this clear explanation!

The HQ unit in this scenario, the 6th Guards Tank Army, has a release probabilty of 40 % (40% Daily).

Which means all 0% Daily units are released when this HQ is released!

Here´s my subsequent question:

-------------------------------------

Does the arrival probablity automatically increase over the turns and days in the PanzerCampaign scenarios??

------------------------------------

As far as i remember this is the case in the JT Campaign Series (10 %). 

So on the second day in my example the probability would be x > 40% . let´s say increased by 10% to 50%.

Thanks!
04-02-2021, 03:56 AM,
The probability doesn't increase with each failed check. I'm not sure if there's an option in the code somewhere to make it do so, but normally it doesn't.

To make sure at least part of a formation arrives, scenario designers sometimes choose to let reinforcements arrive with a check at brigade/regiment level if a HQ exists on that level. 

That also reduces the variability in available forces between games where no Daily trigger units arrive and games where most or all units arrive.
04-02-2021, 05:14 AM,
(04-02-2021, 03:56 AM)ComradeP Wrote: The probability doesn't increase with each failed check. I'm not sure if there's an option in the code somewhere to make it do so, but normally it doesn't.

To make sure at least part of a formation arrives, scenario designers sometimes choose to let reinforcements arrive with a check at brigade/regiment level if a HQ exists on that level. 

That also reduces the variability in available forces between games where no Daily trigger units arrive and games where most or all units arrive.

Thanks a lot, ComradeP!!