• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Assault numbers are in. Bug or feature?
03-13-2021, 07:01 AM,
RE: Assault numbers are in. Bug or feature?
(03-12-2021, 10:52 PM)Stas_sche Wrote: Great work!

As I wrote in the previous topic, I believe there is something even more incorrect with Assaults, at least in Spanish Civil War. But based on your numbers, it seems that you are absolutely right: the algorithm "forgets" to degrade the assault value of the human-beings, degrading only the weapon's AV. It is definitely a bug. Demoralised soldiers should not be the same effective as the fresh and eager one.

Thank you! I tend to agree, but I go back and forth as to whether this was a deliberate design decision or not. As it stands, the game guarantees a minimum of 60% effectiveness to all defending units, regardless of their morale status. I wonder if the intention was to stress the importance of sheer manpower over weapons in an assault. I guess it depends on the designer's idea of what the different statuses mean. I admit I'm no expert in combat simulations.

(03-12-2021, 10:52 PM)Stas_sche Wrote: This problem is even worse for Dien Bien Phu title, where the Viets often have units in which not everyone is armed (f.e. 8 soldiers armed with 1 Sub-Machine and 3 rifles only).

That's interesting. Unarmed troops? Not even a knife? I wonder what the rationale was for that.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assault numbers are in. Bug or feature? - by Xerxes77 - 03-13-2021, 07:01 AM