• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TRUDGE FOR TURDA - DETAILED RULES AND GAME MECHANICS
03-03-2021, 09:51 PM,
RE: TRUDGE FOR TURDA - DETAILED RULES AND GAME MECHANICS
(03-03-2021, 11:52 AM)lfsaunders Wrote: So... this seems to mean that if my unit enters a river hex (no bridge), and there is *no* enemy unit in that hex, I still need to stop, wait one whole turn and then I can move on.

Does this also mean there is no such thing as a "zone of control" (ZOC) in the hexes adjacent to a given unit. That is a friendly unit can move through the hexes adjacent to an enemy unit and as long as it doesn't attempt to move into the hex containing the enemy unit.

Or does a unit need to stop as soon as it enters a hex adjacent to an enemy unit? Or is there a movement penalty for moving through a ZOC? Or perhaps ZOC only doesn't apply when two enemy units are on opposite sides of a river.

Keep in mind that if I have to stop then I can't move into the enemy held hex and attack until the following turn. But if I don't have to stop then flanking enemy units and blocking their retreat becomes easy.

Another thing:
I understand I can't target bridges until 8 turns after the shooting starts. I'm OK with that.
Unless I "see" enemy units crossing the bridge. That implies I have a "line of site" to the bridge. No LOS... I can't see the enemy units crossing... I can't target the bridge. Correct?

Someone played here some Holland '44, Ardennes or other that type of games when reffering to ZOC or stopping rule Big Grin
BTW fun fact - this map is so nice and we have full ORBATs my board games friends are consdiering adapting this campaign for Holland '44 rules :P

Anyway, there is no such thing as Zone of Control, as swooping through gaps in enemy lines allows for easy closure of these and leads to rapid encirclement of unprotected units. Remember that if you are cut out you need to RETURN to your line or bring your line up to that unit, simply destroying the blocking enemy unit does not suffice. I hope such cases will be rare though as on such game it is difficult to easily track proper front line.

But yes, you still need to stop before crossing a river. That halt simulates time needed for pontoon bridges to be erected, rafts to be brought in etc. Generally crossing a river is no super easy task even today, let alone questionable Soviet logistical abilities handled in 80% by the Americans.

As of LOS on the bridge... this quiestion will probably not be practical, as given the expected battle sizes it will be difficult not to notice tre crossing. But no, there is a reason for obligatory flag placement on both sides of a bridge, so that flag capture should notify about the crossing. Common sense should handle the details if those arise.
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2021, 01:42 AM,
Quick question from my side. I am a bit unclear on something. Is each player going to make moves on the operational map or is there an overall commander that decides on those moves, while the other two players only plays the battles on the tactical maps, like it was in the previous campaign. Not sure if it was mentioned before and I just missed it. Apologioes if it has been mentioned before.
03-07-2021, 03:17 AM,
There is no directly selected commander, you can all analyze and propose moves on your operational map and reach the results via consensus. It is 3vs3 game so I doubt some serious riffs will occur.
I am assigning battles between players unless players specifically inform the are interested in a battle to fight. I will usually try to assign it via the conenction player has with particular force, eg if he is most dedicated to plan and lead its movements etc.
12-29-2022, 10:40 PM,
I have read the rules. There are many but I will understand them more deeply as I go. Thank you.