• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RBOTR battle of Fleurus campaign game variant problem
02-13-2021, 09:34 PM,
RBOTR battle of Fleurus campaign game variant problem
Over the last 18 months I have been playing the “Battles of the War of the First Coalition” campaign from “Republican Bayonets on the Rhine” with a friend by play by email, using version 1.0 of the game. It’s been a rewarding experience getting to know the battles of a  lesser known historical period from this era.

We have now got to the last scenario which is the battle of Fleurus and are currently at game turn 15. However so far apart from those units with which the allies have made contact  no French units have been released from “fixed” status. Also the “Releases” dialogue box for the French for the game is blank. 

This is in contrast to the stand alone battle scenarios for the game all of which appear to have a French release  schedule.

Is this an error that can be corrected in the next round of patches or was it indeed corrected in 1.01 version ?

Kind regards
Ian
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2021, 12:45 AM,
RE: RBOTR battle of Fleurus campaign game variant problem
(02-13-2021, 09:34 PM)Hoplite1963 Wrote: Over the last 18 months I have been playing the “Battles of the War of the First Coalition” campaign from “Republican Bayonets on the Rhine” with a friend by play by email, using version 1.0 of the game. It’s been a rewarding experience getting to know the battles of a  lesser known historical period from this era.

We have now got to the last scenario which is the battle of Fleurus and are currently at game turn 15. However so far apart from those units with which the allies have made contact  no French units have been released from “fixed” status. Also the “Releases” dialogue box for the French for the game is blank. 

This is in contrast to the stand alone battle scenarios for the game all of which appear to have a French release  schedule.

Is this an error that can be corrected in the next round of patches or was it indeed corrected in 1.01 version ?

Kind regards
Ian

Only the French player can see the releases for that side. Has your French opponent got a blank box? If so then there may be an issue. What scenario number is it and I can check in v1.01 for you?
02-14-2021, 02:59 AM,
(02-14-2021, 12:45 AM)agmoss99 Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 09:34 PM)Hoplite1963 Wrote: Over the last 18 months I have been playing the “Battles of the War of the First Coalition” campaign from “Republican Bayonets on the Rhine” with a friend by play by email, using version 1.0 of the game. It’s been a rewarding experience getting to know the battles of a  lesser known historical period from this era.

Kind regards
Ian

Only the French player can see the releases for that side. Has your French opponent got a blank box? If so then there may be an issue. What scenario number is it and I can check in v1.01 for you?

Thanks for that sorry I should have made it clear that I am playing the French so yes I guess their may be an issue.

Kind regards
Ian
02-14-2021, 11:26 AM,
I updated my RBR to version 1.01.

This is what shows for the French:

06:00

***** Units that have been released *****
2 Chas à Pied Bn
*** Withdrawal in 4 hours for ***
l'Entreprenant #1
*** Withdrawal in 6 hours for ***
l'Entreprenant #1
*** Withdrawal in 8 hours for ***
l'Entreprenant #2
*** Withdrawal in 10 hours for ***
l'Entreprenant #2

06:10

***** Units that have been released *****
3/56 Ligne DB
*** Withdrawal in 4 hours for ***
l'Entreprenant #1
*** Withdrawal in 6 hours for ***
l'Entreprenant #1
*** Withdrawal in 8 hours for ***
l'Entreprenant #2
*** Withdrawal in 10 hours for ***
l'Entreprenant #2

The Unit release dialog box is not empty.
02-14-2021, 09:01 PM,
Thanks for that. We are updating to the latest patch starting the campaign again but skipping to the last battle to begin it again from scratch
02-20-2021, 11:14 PM,
(02-14-2021, 09:01 PM)Hoplite1963 Wrote: Thanks for that. We are updating to the latest patch starting the campaign again but skipping to the last battle to begin it again from scratch

Now got this up and running again and it appears to be working fine thanks very much.

Kind regards