• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Replay
03-07-2021, 09:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 03:25 AM by Chosen Man.)
Replay
Gentlemen.

I am trying to give a young officer some training but as I have found before the replay is a very frail vehicle for training as its far too quick.  

I have always assumed there is no pause feature.

Would "Record Battle" be useful?
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2021, 11:17 PM,
RE: Relay
(03-07-2021, 09:54 PM)Chosen Man Wrote: Gentlemen.

I am trying to give a young officer some training but as I have found before the replay is a very frail vehicle for training as its far too quick.  

Hi Jim

I've never tried. But turning off On Map Results in Settings seems to slow it down a bit.
03-07-2021, 11:59 PM,
RE: Relay

I've had that issue occur alot, back in the day.

I was always told, when I complained about it, to make sure the background music and background noise effects are turned on, and that would help slow things down.......a little, but not by much!  Whistle

I never play with the sound on anyways, so it never bothered me.   Rolling Eyes
03-08-2021, 03:29 AM,
RE: Replay

Thanks Gents

Just very difficult if I say have a look at cavalry out of LOS overrunning skirmishers at (123,345) its over in a flash.

What does Record Battle do?
03-08-2021, 06:00 AM,
According to the manual:

Select Record Battle to begin recording the turns of the current battle. You will be prompted with a File Save dialog to specify the filename of the recording. By default recorded battles are stored in files with the extension btr. After you are through recording a battle or portion of a battle, you can terminate the recording by reselecting the Record Battle option. Once you have recorded a battle, you can replay it by using the Replay feature of the File Menu. Note that when you replay a battle, the perspective of the replay is that of the opposing side. That is, if you replay a battle that has been played using Automatic A/I with Fog-Of-War, you will see the battle from the perspective of the computer player. A battle replay can be paused by pressing the Escape key and can be resumed by using the Restart Replay feature described below.

Select Restart Replay to restart a battle replay that has been paused through the use of the Escape key.
03-12-2021, 04:07 AM,
(03-08-2021, 06:00 AM)wildb Wrote: According to the manual:

Select Record Battle to begin recording the turns of the current battle. You will be prompted with a File Save dialog to specify the filename of the recording. By default recorded battles are stored in files with the extension btr. After you are through recording a battle or portion of a battle, you can terminate the recording by reselecting the Record Battle option. Once you have recorded a battle, you can replay it by using the Replay feature of the File Menu. Note that when you replay a battle, the perspective of the replay is that of the opposing side. That is, if you replay a battle that has been played using Automatic A/I with Fog-Of-War, you will see the battle from the perspective of the computer player. A battle replay can be paused by pressing the Escape key and can be resumed by using the Restart Replay feature described below.

Select Restart Replay to restart a battle replay that has been paused through the use of the Escape key.

Thanks for that being playing these games for decades and never realise or tried that.

Regards
Jim