• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod "Ferraris Map" for JTS Nap
05-24-2022, 06:21 AM,
RE: Mod "Ferraris Map" for JTS Nap
(05-24-2022, 04:42 AM)Aoi99 Wrote: In the initial post I already posted the update of the mod compatible with patch 4.01 of the Napoleonic games. Although I have verified that it works in all games, there may be a problem, so if you see something strange, tell me so I can correct it.

You are great, my humble thanks to you - I really enjoy your work!
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2022, 06:40 AM,
Just got the Campaign 1814 during the final days of WDS summer sale. And it seems to work perfectly with you mod!
To be honest I can't go back to playing my NAP titles in vanilla! The same with 7YW.
Your maps look awesome but especially the 2D units you provide are what really makes your mod outstanding to me! It really gives that clear sence of linear warfare in a way the vanilla 2D counters doesn't.

I hope to see the 2D units adopted to the ACW series of games aswell some day. It would be awesome!

Cheers!
07-09-2022, 01:02 PM,
I have down loaded your mod and I am not seeing the height difference in elevation. I downloaded the files from page 1.......https://www.dropbox.com/s/7018rp4wyion0c...1.zip?dl=0
07-10-2022, 12:58 AM,
(07-09-2022, 01:02 PM)dukemat Wrote: I have down loaded your mod and I am not seeing the height difference in elevation. I downloaded the files from page 1.......https://www.dropbox.com/s/7018rp4wyion0c...1.zip?dl=0

Sorry, in the rush to update the mod I didn't include the map differentiating the heights.

Just added a new version with bug fixes and some improvements: smaller units allowing better terrain display, new icons for artillery and map height differentiation.
07-12-2022, 02:56 AM,
I have noticed that Division colors when turned on does not follow an edge. And a better solution would be good ......if possible.
10-01-2022, 11:14 AM,
Update 4.03 Broke Mod?
(03-07-2021, 05:14 AM)Aoi99 Wrote: This new mod is based on a true marvel of cartography, the 1777 Ferraris map of Belgium. A map of impressive detail and accuracy, said to have been used by Napoleon during the Waterloo campaign.

I have tried to adapt the aesthetics of the map, within the great limitations of the game's graphics engine and my limited competence in graphic design, seeking to improve the appearance and readability of the game's maps. I have also taken the opportunity to improve the units mod, adding the missing view. I hope you like it and do not hesitate to comment on the aspects that could be improved.

Edited: Added map with color variation in height and correction of the representation of fields
Edited: Added a new version of the mod for Napoleonic games, with correction of several errors, some improvements and, above all, the reduction of the size of the counters in the magnified view so that the terrain is better appreciated and the division colors are better seen.

Edited: New version compatible with the important update 4.01 of the Napoleonic games.

Edited: Added a new version with bug fixes and some improvements: smaller units that allow a better visualization of the terrain, new icons for artillery and map with differentiation in height.

New Version 4.01®: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykbcwyha1d7ho0...9.zip?dl=0

Older Version 4.01: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7018rp4wyion0c...1.zip?dl=0

2D Zoom-Out View
[Image: Captura%20de%20pantalla%202021-04-02%20160816.jpg?dl=0]

2D Normal View
[Image: Captura%20de%20pantalla%202021-04-02%20160913.jpg?dl=0]

2d Normal Mag
[Image: Captura%20de%20pantalla%202021-04-02%20161200.jpg?dl=0]

I'm afraid Update 4.03 may have broke this excellent mod.
10-01-2022, 08:12 PM,
RE: Update 4.03 Broke Mod?
(10-01-2022, 11:14 AM)bssyp Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 05:14 AM)Aoi99 Wrote: This new mod is based on a true marvel of cartography, the 1777 Ferraris map of Belgium. A map of impressive detail and accuracy, said to have been used by Napoleon during the Waterloo campaign.

I have tried to adapt the aesthetics of the map, within the great limitations of the game's graphics engine and my limited competence in graphic design, seeking to improve the appearance and readability of the game's maps. I have also taken the opportunity to improve the units mod, adding the missing view. I hope you like it and do not hesitate to comment on the aspects that could be improved.

Edited: Added map with color variation in height and correction of the representation of fields
Edited: Added a new version of the mod for Napoleonic games, with correction of several errors, some improvements and, above all, the reduction of the size of the counters in the magnified view so that the terrain is better appreciated and the division colors are better seen.

Edited: New version compatible with the important update 4.01 of the Napoleonic games.

Edited: Added a new version with bug fixes and some improvements: smaller units that allow a better visualization of the terrain, new icons for artillery and map with differentiation in height.

New Version 4.01®: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykbcwyha1d7ho0...9.zip?dl=0

Older Version 4.01: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7018rp4wyion0c...1.zip?dl=0

2D Zoom-Out View
[Image: Captura%20de%20pantalla%202021-04-02%20160816.jpg?dl=0]

2D Normal View
[Image: Captura%20de%20pantalla%202021-04-02%20160913.jpg?dl=0]

2d Normal Mag
[Image: Captura%20de%20pantalla%202021-04-02%20161200.jpg?dl=0]

I'm afraid Update 4.03 may have broke this excellent mod.

Well only partially it seems. I tested the mod on Campaign Waterloo yesterday after I had updated it to 4.03. When I reinstalled the mod, the 2D maps work fine. However the 2D units does not. However as far as I have gathered this is because of the changing of file names in the game update.
Hopefully a renaming o the mod 2D unit files to match the new names in the game will fix this. I haven't tried it yet, but was thinking of doing it to see if that fixes the problem.
10-01-2022, 09:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2022, 10:25 PM by Verdun1916.)
So, I tried renaming the mod 2D unit files by adding an a at the end of each file name:

from 2DSymbols25 to 2DSymbols25a,

from 2DSymbols50 to 2DSymbols50a and

2DSymbols100 to 2DSymbols100a.

This replaced the a option for the game 2D units normally showing NATO style unit markers.

I started the game, clicked the Settings menu, then Unit Symbol and choose the NATO option. And voila, now the mod 2D units show up perfectly in the game.

I chose the NATO files because those are the 2D units I have disliked the most in the stock game.

If you want to replace one of the other instead, just add an b or an c instead of an a.

Not sure what would happen if you added an d instead, or some other letter. Maybe a forth option would show up in the Settings/Unit Symbols menu in game.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Adding another letter than a, b or c does not work.

So to get the mod to work with the 4.03 game update simply add the letter a, b or c, to the end of the three
        unit file names for the 2D unit files included in the mod, depending if you want to replace the NATO, Alt. or Block
        2D unit markers in game, before copying the, into the correct game folder.
        When you start the game make sure you check the appropriate NATO, Alt. or Block button in the Settings/Unit

Symbols menu for the mod 2D units to show up.

As far as I can see there are no major issues with the mod map besides that it shows the stock 2D stone bridges.

However this doesn't bother me so I don't see that as an issue with using this mod with the 4.03 version of the 

Nap games.

I've tested this on Campaign Bautzen, Leipzig, 1814 and Waterloo and it seems this fix works fine. For the other 

titles I can't say since I don't own them yet.
10-05-2022, 01:03 AM,
(10-01-2022, 09:06 PM)Verdun1916 Wrote: So, I tried renaming the mod 2D unit files by adding an a at the end of each file name:

This replaced the a option for the game 2D units normally showing NATO style unit markers.

I started the game, clicked the Settings menu, then Unit Symbol and choose the NATO option. And voila, now the mod 2D units show up perfectly in the game.

I chose the NATO files because those are the 2D units I have disliked the most in the stock game.

If you want to replace one of the other instead, just add an b or an c instead of an a.

Not sure what would happen if you added an d instead, or some other letter. Maybe a forth option would show up in the Settings/Unit Symbols menu in game.

So to get the mod to work with the 4.03 game update simply add the letter a, b or c, to the end of the three
        unit file names for the 2D unit files included in the mod, depending if you want to replace the NATO, Alt. or Block
        When you start the game make sure you check the appropriate NATO, Alt. or Block button in the Settings/Unit

As far as I can see there are no major issues with the mod map besides that it shows the stock 2D stone bridges.

However this doesn't bother me so I don't see that as an issue with using this mod with the 4.03 version of the 

Nap games.

I've tested this on Campaign Bautzen, Leipzig, 1814 and Waterloo and it seems this fix works fine. For the other 

Thanks for bringing the solution so quickly.

In fact, you just have to change the name of the files as you indicate. This would be valid for all games.

I am working on the problem of the stone bridges, although I will wait to update the files in case any other detail arises that needs to be changed or improved.
10-05-2022, 07:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 07:53 PM by Verdun1916.)
(10-05-2022, 01:03 AM)Aoi99 Wrote:
(10-01-2022, 09:06 PM)Verdun1916 Wrote: So, I tried renaming the mod 2D unit files by adding an a at the end of each file name:

Nap games.

Thanks for bringing the solution so quickly.

In fact, you just have to change the name of the files as you indicate. This would be valid for all games.

I am working on the problem of the stone bridges, although I will wait to update the files in case any other detail arises that needs to be changed or improved.

I'm glad I could help! :)
If the WDS team had not mentioned the file name changes specifically in the relation to mods on the 4.03 update news post I would never have figured it out!

It's awesome that the WDS team show consideration to the modding community! And that they are in touch with and listen to both players and the modding communities om here, the WDS-forum and on Facebook.
There are far to many other game developers out there who don't give a damn about their customers nor mod creators! Who's only interested in cashing in before moving on to a new project!