• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mod "Ferraris Map" for JTS Nap
04-30-2021, 12:14 AM,
RE: Mod "Ferraris Map" for JTS Nap
(04-28-2021, 07:30 AM)phoenix Wrote: Juan Carlos. The counters, I notice, have a kind of edging (like a depth effect? - as if they were actual counters?) plus a colour coded bar. Do these both serve the same purpose - to indicate the height of a stack?

I think if there is only 1 unit in a hex then we don't see the edging, no - just the colour coded bar?

I was wondering if you would need both and whether having both was confusing? But you've probably experimented already with various combinations.

The color bar is the division color that the program automatically assigns when choosing the option in views. By reducing the size of the counters it is now more visible, if activated.

The border, as you say, is also generated automatically when there is more than one unit in a hexagon, to indicate the size of the group.

Both of these are inherent in the program and do not depend on the mod.
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2021, 07:19 AM,
Yes, I just realised it was the division colour. Doh. Sorry. Thanks!
11-23-2021, 12:53 AM,
Hi guys!

Because of some issues I had after updating my original JTS Campaign Bautzen game with the new 4.00 update from WDS, I had to remove the game and make a complete reinstall with the new WDS installer. This solved the issues I had due to the update.

However now I got new issues with this great mod instead. After installing the new WDS version of the game I installed the mod. And the 2D maps work fine just as before however not the 2D units.
Even after the mod install it's still the same horrible old JTS/new WDS 2D unit counters that show up in the 2D vies in-game.

Not sure what the issue is but I just wanted to let you all know that this mod is apprently not fully compatable with the new WDS version of Campaign Bautzen.

However it seems to work fine with Leipzig, Waterloo and the 7YW games. However these I did not reinstall in new WDS-format. I just updated them with the new WDS 4.00 update patch.
11-23-2021, 06:03 AM,
(11-23-2021, 12:53 AM)Verdun1916 Wrote: Hi guys!

Because of some issues I had after updating my original JTS Campaign Bautzen game with the new 4.00 update from WDS, I had to remove the game and make a complete reinstall with the new WDS installer. This solved the issues I had due to the update.

However now I got new issues with this great mod instead. After installing the new WDS version of the game I installed the mod. And the 2D maps work fine just as before however not the 2D units.
Even after the mod install it's still the same horrible old JTS/new WDS 2D unit counters that show up in the 2D vies in-game.

Not sure what the issue is but I just wanted to let you all know that this mod is apprently not fully compatable with the new WDS version of Campaign Bautzen.

However it seems to work fine with Leipzig, Waterloo and the 7YW games. However these I did not reinstall in new WDS-format. I just updated them with the new WDS 4.00 update patch.

I just checked the game and in principle it works fine with the new version. Have you checked that the files for the unit counters is correctly installed? Check in the MAP directory of the game the three files 2DSymbols*.bmp are those of the mod. If they are not, copy them again.
11-23-2021, 07:20 AM,
(11-23-2021, 06:03 AM)Aoi99 Wrote:
(11-23-2021, 12:53 AM)Verdun1916 Wrote: Hi guys!

I just checked the game and in principle it works fine with the new version. Have you checked that the files for the unit counters is correctly installed? Check in the MAP directory of the game the three files 2DSymbols*.bmp are those of the mod. If they are not, copy them again.

Never mind! It was me who had f*cked up haha! I had accidentally put the three unit files in the Snow subfolder in the Map folder! That explains it!
"What a mistakea to makea!" to quote Captain Ablerto Bertorelli from 'Allo 'Allo.

Hadn't noticed it if you hadn't asked me to check the obvious! Thank you! Now it works like a charm!
05-21-2022, 08:18 PM,
Can we hope for an updated MOD for the new 4.01 version of the Napoleonic series?

https://wargameds.com/blogs/news/napoleo...1-released
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
05-22-2022, 12:04 AM,
(05-21-2022, 08:18 PM)KAreil Wrote: Can we hope for an updated MOD for the new 4.01 version of the Napoleonic series?

How impatient! Big Grin

I just downloaded the patches and will start analyzing what's new. If there aren't too many problems, I think I'll have a first version ready for next week.
05-22-2022, 06:55 AM,
(05-22-2022, 12:04 AM)Aoi99 Wrote:
(05-21-2022, 08:18 PM)KAreil Wrote: Can we hope for an updated MOD for the new 4.01 version of the Napoleonic series?

How impatient! Big Grin

I just downloaded the patches and will start analyzing what's new. If there aren't too many problems, I think I'll have a first version ready for next week.

That's great to hear.
Take all the time you need, I'm just glad you are still around to take care of your wonderful mod.
"Tapfer. Standhaft. Treu." - PzGrenB.13 Ried/Innkreis
05-23-2022, 11:48 AM,
(05-22-2022, 12:04 AM)Aoi99 Wrote:

How impatient! Big Grin

Awesome news, mate!

Thanks for doing this and keeping your mods alive!
05-24-2022, 04:42 AM,
In the initial post I already posted the update of the mod compatible with patch 4.01 of the Napoleonic games. Although I have verified that it works in all games, there may be a problem, so if you see something strange, tell me so I can correct it.