• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How to use deception units?
03-06-2021, 06:49 AM,
RE: How to use deception units?
(03-06-2021, 05:21 AM)Green Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 03:33 AM)dto Wrote: If the manual was clear, I wouldn't need to ask the question!

No doubt and if there are areas that the manual needs to be improved let us identify them so that the necessary changes can be made. 

In this case that manual explains that;

"To deploy a Deception Unit, you determine which Deception Unit you wish to deploy and what location you wish to deploy the unit to. You should click on the location you wish the Deception Unit to be deployed so it becomes the Hot Spot hex. There are two requirements before you can deploy a Deception Unit:
• The Deception Unit must not have moved or otherwise used Movement Points in the current turn.
• The distance from the Deception Unit to the location you wish the Deception Unit to be deployed to must be within three times the Deception Range for that side or twice the Deception Range for units being redeployed. The Deception Range value can be found from the Parameter Data Dialog.

Next, you select the Deception Unit option of the Units Menu in the main program. This will display the Deception Unit Dialog. Selecting a Deception Unit entry and clicking on the Deploy button or double-clicking on the Deception Unit entry will close the dialog and deploy the unit provided the deployment conditions are met."

This seems to answer your questions. Possibly it makes more sense to me as I am familiar with how this works in practice but I would be interested to know what was confusing. Presumably the other posts on this thread have already made the rules clear to you, so hopefully you can now explain what was unclear in the manual. Thanks.

Well it took me quite a few reads to understand. Confusion was possibly self made as I tried to reconcile which bits of the rules applied to the unit when it was in its various stages of metamorphosis. It makes sense now.

What I did struggle with was trying to make the deployment happen. The first time did involve a lot of clicking and head scratching and of course re reading of the manual. However since we are using a GUI designed in the 90's (or earlier?) and I was born in the 50's I persevered and cracked it. Sort of. Ask me again in 12 months how to do it and I might struggle!!!!
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to use deception units? - by dto - 03-06-2021, 02:56 AM
RE: How to use deception units? - by Deturk - 03-06-2021, 03:14 AM
RE: How to use deception units? - by dto - 03-06-2021, 03:33 AM
RE: How to use deception units? - by Plain Ian - 03-06-2021, 04:20 AM
RE: How to use deception units? - by Green - 03-06-2021, 05:21 AM
RE: How to use deception units? - by Plain Ian - 03-06-2021, 06:49 AM
RE: How to use deception units? - by dto - 03-06-2021, 09:02 AM
RE: How to use deception units? - by Green - 03-06-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: How to use deception units? - by Kuriltai - 03-06-2021, 04:37 AM
RE: How to use deception units? - by Plain Ian - 03-06-2021, 04:57 AM