• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Introduction
03-03-2021, 01:18 PM,
Introduction
Hello Fellow Grogs,

Got things a bit backwards - already posted seeking an opponent before I introduced myself.  I'm a long time board wargamer from the late 70's.  During my early gaming days favorite games included AH's Russian Campaign and D-Day and SPI's Arab Israeli War.  Then we discovered AH Squad Leader with the expansion modules which became the go-to game of choice.  A few years later I joined the military and wouldn't think about board wargaming for 16 years.  One day in 1999 while sitting at work I wondered what ever happened to all those great wargames.  I did a quick internet search and discovered Multi-Man Publishing and ASL.  Since then I've been rebuilding my collection.

Up to this point I haven't been a huge computer gamer primarily because I'm not real interested in the first person shooters.  I have enjoyed a few of the board titles they have taken to the computer such as GMT's Labyrinth and LnL's Tactical series.  I hadn't heard of John Tiller Software titles until a few weeks ago.  When I found the Panzer Campaign series I was astounded how well the game engine re-captured the board gaming experience.  Just the other day I heard about The Blitz Club for the first time.  From what I've read so far what a great group focused on some really great games.  I'm looking forward to meeting many of you on the virtual battlefields!

Nick
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2021, 02:37 PM,
RE: Introduction
Welcome Nick. Good to have you. Enjoyed hearing your history with the hobby over the years.

Regards
Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
03-03-2021, 02:59 PM,
Hey Nick,

Based on your intro, you'll be a easy and good fit within our club.

Yes, the JTS games are a great fit to someone like yourself who has a strong background in SL.

Alot of the ASL guys have loved playing the Squad Battles series, too, so make sure to check that out.

Also make sure you grab the JTS Demos found here:  https://johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

If you have any questions, please do hesitate to ask.

Welcome aboard!

Chad
03-03-2021, 04:51 PM,
Thanks Gents 07
03-03-2021, 11:32 PM,
(03-03-2021, 02:59 PM)Compass Rose Wrote: Hey Nick,

Based on your intro, you'll be a easy and good fit within our club.

Yes, the JTS games are a great fit to someone like yourself who has a strong background in SL.

Alot of the ASL guys have loved playing the Squad Battles series, too, so make sure to check that out.

Also make sure you grab the JTS Demos found here:  https://johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

If you have any questions, please do hesitate to ask.

Welcome aboard!

Chad

Compass Rose means DON'T hesitate to ask.  Big Grin
03-04-2021, 12:01 AM,
Hi Nick and welcome to the club, plenty of opponents here for you and plenty of games to choose from now you have discovered JTS. look forward to meeting you on the field.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. It is impolite."
Napoleon I
03-04-2021, 12:46 AM,
Welcome to The Blitz Sir.  You'll find a lot of us old board gamers (and some who still exercise that option) here.  Myself included.

If ASL is/was your things then Squad Battles would definitely feel like an old friend with it's squad/platoon scale.  Next up from that is Panzer Battles with platoon/company scale, and then Panzer Campaigns with Company/Battalion scale.  Obviously size of he map and battles goes up with unit scale. 

Despite new graphics mods to the games to make them have more "eye candy" the 2D top down views are very "board gamer" friendly.  Ask if you have questions, other members and opponents will be quick and glad to help.

Paul