• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should there be a informal guideline as to the percentage of turns completed before a game can be reported?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don't care either way
21.88%
7 21.88%
I think we should not introduce a guideline.
40.63%
13 40.63%
I think we should introduce a guideline (can you indicate in the comments what % level this should be).
37.50%
12 37.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
02-26-2021, 10:43 PM,
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
Gents:  Smoke7

The original proposal was for "informal guidelines" - NOT the introduction of binding rules.

Players are free to adopt the informal guidelines or reject them as they desire. There are no club penalties for either using them or not using them.

The use of informal guidelines is not new to the Blitz since they are baked into our club's "Rules of Engagement" section.

For example; "Discontinuing a Game and Missing Opponents" (Rule #6) and "Message Boards / Forum Conduct" (Rule #8) contain informal guidelines within their respective rules sections.

I believe that most players are honest and adopt their own informal guidelines for games - we sometimes call these informal guidelines "gentlemen agreements." Nobody seems opposed to players using their own agreed upon "house rules" and informal guidelines for their respective games. How is another informal guideline any different?

Players are free to adopt, reject, or ignore informal guidelines as they desire. These guidelines are NOT binding rules. 

Again, I do not understand the opposition to an informal guideline?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games - by Kool Kat - 02-26-2021, 10:43 PM