• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should there be a informal guideline as to the percentage of turns completed before a game can be reported?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don't care either way
21.88%
7 21.88%
I think we should not introduce a guideline.
40.63%
13 40.63%
I think we should introduce a guideline (can you indicate in the comments what % level this should be).
37.50%
12 37.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
02-25-2021, 01:13 AM,
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
I've not finished battles for various reasons, as did some of my opponents. Though not always polite, that's the nature of our hobby. Work or other life events can intervene. I'd be in favour of an informal rule that a certain part of the scenario needs to be completed before it can be reported. I don't have a particular preference for an X number of turns/percentage of turns completed.

As to ladder results for campaigns on the 2020 ladder: looking at jim pfleck's results, he has documented the number of turns completed for many of his campaigns and the only thing that stands out to me is his major victory in the 1st Invasion for Serbia '14 as the Central Powers. That stands out because it's quite an achievement, not because I think it's dodgy.

I see no reason to doubt Witblitz' results either.

As for my own results, I've documented when my own handful of campaign games ended in case they were finished before the final turn.

It's difficult to estimate when a campaign game started, which also makes it difficult to estimate how many turns were played.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games - by ComradeP - 02-25-2021, 01:13 AM