• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should there be a informal guideline as to the percentage of turns completed before a game can be reported?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don't care either way
21.88%
7 21.88%
I think we should not introduce a guideline.
40.63%
13 40.63%
I think we should introduce a guideline (can you indicate in the comments what % level this should be).
37.50%
12 37.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
02-24-2021, 04:39 PM,
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
Rick,

Thanks for that. Yes, I always understood that the Blitz was entitled to set it own rules and certainly its own guidelines. What I was trying to say was that those voting 'no' were trying to stop the change, but I could not see why. And, I was not asking you to address the 'no' votes. Just hoping that someone would. If the reasons for voting 'no' were explained, maybe there is some issue that could be satisfactorily resolved. As I said, I am quite honestly puzzled by this whole thing. The proposal seems non-controversial to me. 

As for duplicate entries in the database, that was never an option. As I mentioned in my post to Darran, the idea was to have one entry per title as a dummy that would suffice for all campaigns in that title. So only a couple of dozen entries in total would be required to cover all PzC games. Most campaigns within a title have the same or almost the same SM value. One dummy entry can stand in for all these where the 25% point is not reached. The idea is just to allow for ladder points without contaminating the statistics. And this could just be for campaigns to avoid needless complexity as any solution needs to be simple or we would just be replacing one problem with another.

John
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games - by Green - 02-24-2021, 04:39 PM