• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should there be a informal guideline as to the percentage of turns completed before a game can be reported?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don't care either way
21.88%
7 21.88%
I think we should not introduce a guideline.
40.63%
13 40.63%
I think we should introduce a guideline (can you indicate in the comments what % level this should be).
37.50%
12 37.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
02-22-2021, 09:23 AM,
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
I voted that either way is fine. As we already have 20 years of game reports without a guidance in play, and it will continue to simply be guidance, I don't see any benefit if analyzing results except for new games, and even there you never know what gets reported.

As to fairness of the results, we already skewed the award of points in favor of smaller scenarios, significantly, in part to recognize that the longer scenarios of any kind are less likely to be completed. And then provide a partial balancer through a complete campaign bonus. But there are massive campaigns where one turn takes the same effort as 10 or even 20 turns in a small scenario, so to me, it may be the recommendation be more like complete at least half the turns or 20 turns, whichever is less, or something similar. That is probably more the guideline I have followed in the past for reporting, but never had a fixed rule. But I have played with a quick partner a 10 turn scenario in a single day, whereas I have played campaigns that I couldn't complete one turn in less than 3 or 4 hours, or about the same amount of effort as the 10 turns. And yet finishing the campaign results in no more than about 10 times the points for 100+ times the effort.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games - by Ricky B - 02-22-2021, 09:23 AM