• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Should there be a informal guideline as to the percentage of turns completed before a game can be reported?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I don't care either way
21.88%
7 21.88%
I think we should not introduce a guideline.
40.63%
13 40.63%
I think we should introduce a guideline (can you indicate in the comments what % level this should be).
37.50%
12 37.50%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
02-22-2021, 05:42 AM,
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games
(02-21-2021, 08:27 PM)Mr Grumpy Wrote: If this is adopted then two situations that might occur have come to mind and will need to be addressed.....

a) Players don't discuss this at the start of a game that then does not reach the guideline limit and one player wish's to report the and the other does not.
b) Games where a players opponent disappears before the guideline limit.

Darran,

The issues you mention above are simply unavoidable. Perfection cannot be achieved.

If players are not aware of the guideline when they first play, then that is just one of things they will learn. I cannot imagine that a new player would find it surprising that after playing 10 turns of a 200 turn game that it was not valid to report in on the ladder. If the information is on the website, that should be enough. It is just a guideline. 

If someone disappears, then why should that be any different from someone surrendering? This sort of thing is an unavoidable part of normal gaming experience and we just have to live with it. I have had opponents disappear or surrender after the first few turns of campaigns but it would be farcical to report these as victories (although plenty do). If we could redesign the entire reporting system, you could build in some recognition of these failed games but since we cannot it makes no sense to me that we should pollute the data and the ladder with them.

It is interesting that several people have already indicated that they are opposed, but have not provided reasons. If players are thinking it will be a serious inconvenience not to report games when less than 25% of turns are played, then this is presumably because they are doing it regularly. Until some counter arguments are presented, I find it hard to see how anyone could convince themselves that the current approach is fair and reasonable, unless it was working to their benefit. 

John
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Proposal for guidelines for reporting incomplete games - by Green - 02-22-2021, 05:42 AM