• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Command Control Modifiers
02-17-2021, 04:47 AM,
Help  Command Control Modifiers
I've been away from the game for a while and trying to get back into what has been my favorite game since the series began.  In a re-read of the manual, I haven't been able to find the list of modifiers for Command Range under the Command Control OR.  The manual states:

Command Control – Under this rule, the HQ supply “ranges” are varied depending on the year and the nationality. Each
nationality has a built-in modifier that modifies the base “50% range” of each HQ. For example, in 1942 each German HQ has a 120% (1.20) modifier that is applied to modify the base range of each HQ (as seen in Campaign Series’ Pdata.hlp file). Thus, a German battalion HQ that normally has a 50% range of “8” has that multiplied by 1.20, resulting in a new “50% range” value of “10.”

Since Windows no longer supports .hlp files, Pdata.hlp is unreadable, at least by me.  I think I've looked through everything in the Manuals folder; I'm just not seeing this anywhere.  If someone has this info handy, or could point me to the right location, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2021, 05:37 AM,
RE: Command Control Modifiers
(02-17-2021, 04:47 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: Since Windows no longer supports .hlp files, Pdata.hlp is unreadable, at least by me. 

Thanks in advance!

Unbelievable, but go here add drag and drop the .hlp file into the box. It will interpret it for you: https://ehubsoft.herokuapp.com/chmviewer/

I tried it and it works. You'll have to do it for each of the games.

Also, it too a bit of work, but I was able to print a PDF of the WF file. I can do others if you need, but if you just want to view the file use the link. The PDF is a bit of a pain.

Dave

Attached Files
.pdf   WestFront-PDATA_HLP.pdf (Size: 276.91 KB / Downloads: 6)
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
02-17-2021, 07:02 AM,
(02-17-2021, 05:37 AM)Scud Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 04:47 AM)The Real Rake Wrote: Since Windows no longer supports .hlp files, Pdata.hlp is unreadable, at least by me. 

Thanks in advance!

Unbelievable, but go here add drag and drop the .hlp file into the box. It will interpret it for you: https://ehubsoft.herokuapp.com/chmviewer/

I tried it and it works. You'll have to do it for each of the games.

Also, it too a bit of work, but I was able to print a PDF of the WF file. I can do others if you need, but if you just want to view the file use the link. The PDF is a bit of a pain.

Dave

Thanks Dave!

Unbelievable it is...  I can imagine creating the pdf was a bit of work.  I'm relatively handy with Excel and Adobe and it took a bit just to parse the EF Help file to create a readable/printable copy of just the CC stuff.  I don't need to do the rest because I believe everything else in the file is covered in the manual.  Wonder how CC got missed?

Thanks again

Attached Files
.pdf   EF_CommandControl OR Ranges.pdf (Size: 187.41 KB / Downloads: 2)
02-17-2021, 11:33 AM,
For the record, in most of the games played, the players opt for the first four 'optional rules', including command control, and opt out of using Extreme Assault and Variable Visibility. Thus, command control has become such a standard part of the game, I almost forgot what it was. Thanks for the rehash, hope to play you in the future.
02-19-2021, 01:29 AM,
(02-17-2021, 11:33 AM)Tankertony Wrote: For the record, in most of the games played, the players opt for the first four 'optional rules', including command control, and opt out of using Extreme Assault and Variable Visibility. Thus, command control has become such a standard part of the game, I almost forgot what it was. Thanks for the rehash, hope to play you in the future.

Tony,

Would love to playa game.  I've not played much PBEM, and never CS.  I started playing ACW by email because the AI in JT games is so very bad and, the ACW series in particular seems far worse than most.  I joined a club because I hadn't played much of Tiller's ACW and didn't understand the period tactics like I do WW II and more modern stuff.  With more time to play during this pandemic, I found this the perfect time to start.  I've certainly found PBEM far more exciting than playing the AI

Fortunately, I have been able to work during most of this time.  Unfortunately for my gaming, my job eats up most of my time.  I'm working on a large construction project which has an extremely tight schedule.  Due to the pandemic and recent weather, it's quite far behind schedule.  I can no longer count on free weekends and many days run 12-14 hours.  For the near-term, it looks like my off days will be whenever weather (like today) shuts us down.  

Still, if you don't mind a slow game, with uncertain turn-around, I'm happy to play.  I have most everything by Tiller (and CSME).  Like I said above, CS has been my favorite since the beginning.  I've likely picked up many bad habits from years of playing solely against the AI, but I do have a thorough understanding of the game.

Like you said, I generally play with the top 4 OR's although I've started playing with EA more often because I generally play as the attacker and I feel it gives the AI a slight bonus as defender.  I never play with VV unless the scenario explicitly calls for it.

Rake