• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HPS Marching Eagles Updates
02-14-2021, 12:50 PM,
HPS Marching Eagles Updates
Updates have just arrived on the HPS web site hpssims.com

New scenario for the Waterloo game.

Waterloo Update - New Features

1 - Elite & Veteran Grenadiers (Guard units) permitted to detach 1 battalion at a time and also permitted to conduct skirmishing actions
2 - Additional scenario added - number 24 - The Struggle at Plancenoit
3 - pdf document link added to menu - Help - Battle Tips for Beginners

Faults corrected -
1 - Recent New Rule - Artillery can not fire in the Combat Phase of the same turn that the unit conducts ammo resupply - works in single player mode or Hot Seat but not in PBEM mode. Fault corrected
2 - On the large Waterloo scenario in PBEM mode at end of Allied turn for first 10 turns, all French units become visible even in FOW. Fault now corrected.
3 - In PBEM mode, if turn is saved part way through and the player returns to the game later and reloads the saved turn, critical information is lost and when the next player views the replay all units have disappeared. Programme modified to save missing data and avoid this problem
4 - PBEM mode fault on replay section. If there are 2 friendly units in the area and Unit 1 is routing, shaken or unsteady and a enemy unit moves into the area, the friendly Unit 1 may retire - fall back one area. As this occurs Unit 2 should take up Unit 1 position but this is not occurring on the replay. Fault corrected

Marengo & Austerlitz Update - New Features
1 - Morale test added to defender when attacker conducts bayonet charge
2 - Morale Test boosted by presence of friendly leader
3 - Event Cards restricted on small scenarios to those appropriate for the scenario

Faults corrected -
1 - Recent New Rule - Artillery can not fire in the Combat Phase of the same turn that the unit conducts ammo resupply - works in single player mode or Hot Seat but not in PBEM mode. Fault corrected
2 - In PBEM mode, if turn is saved part way through and the player returns to the game later and reloads the saved turn, critical information is lost and when the next player views the replay all units have disappeared. Programme modified to save missing data and avoid this problem
3 - PBEM mode fault on replay section. If there are 2 friendly units in the area and Unit 1 is routing, shaken or unsteady and a enemy unit moves into the area, the friendly Unit 1 may retire - fall back one area. As this occurs Unit 2 should take up Unit 1 position but this is not occurring on the replay. Fault corrected

Paul

Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2021, 09:41 AM,
RE: HPS Marching Eagles Updates
Going to check it out! The game is slowly growing on me as I began to understand the system. I recently played the D'Erlon's I Corps Attack scenario. It was a lot of fun to conduct the infantry attack, and then defend against the British cavalry charge. It gave me the "feel" of Napoleonic warfare with low counter density. Weirdly enough, its making me also want to pick up an Ancient wars title.

One small issue, if I want an artillery unit to bombard, and then change my mind, I don't know how to make the bombard icon disappear.
02-18-2021, 11:24 AM,
(02-18-2021, 09:41 AM)NikolaiB Wrote: Going to check it out! The game is slowly growing on me as I began to understand the system. I recently played the D'Erlon's I Corps Attack scenario. It was a lot of fun to conduct the infantry attack, and then defend against the British cavalry charge. It gave me the "feel" of Napoleonic warfare with low counter density. Weirdly enough, its making me also want to pick up an Ancient wars title.

One small issue, if I want an artillery unit to bombard, and then change my mind, I don't know how to make the bombard icon disappear.

To remove the artillery bombard icon, go to menu - Turn - Cancel Artillery Barrage.

Cheers,
Paul
02-18-2021, 12:30 PM,
Great thanks! I am reading The Cicero Trilogy by Robert Harris and picked up Roman Civil wars too.